Epoxy/Styrofoam Test Panels

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Postby GPW » Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 am

That just seems like a great idea !!! Really considering doing this on mine ... So EASY !! So secure !!! :thumbsup: What the heck ?? Handful of dowels isn't much , and my TD is "Experimental" ... (proof of concept) Might as well make as sound as we "practically" can eh ? :thinking:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KIDZAGN » Tue May 24, 2011 7:45 am

I'm a little late to the discussion but I'v been reading and scribbling for a while. I think I'v decided to go with a foamie hybrid of sorts. I'm drawing a "prehung" style door & window units, using an exterior & interior trim pieces to mount the unit screwed thru the 1x2 mounted in the perimiter opening sandwiching the prehung unit into the wall. The prehung frame will carry the weight of the door. I had also planned to dowell all the perimiter opening 1x2 to add a little more stability. For the roof I'm thinking 1" foam covered with luan then canvas.
KIDZAGN
Teardrop Builder

Postby Anita Rae » Tue May 24, 2011 7:57 am

KIDZAGN wrote: I'm drawing a "prehung" style door & window units, using an exterior & interior trim pieces to mount the unit screwed thru the 1x2 mounted in the perimiter opening sandwiching the prehung unit into the wall. The prehung frame will carry the weight of the door.

This sounds interesting. I hadn't thought of a pre hung door.
Anita Rae
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue May 24, 2011 9:16 am

KIDZ, liking your roof idea too !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby pat g » Thu May 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Cone,

You have lots of good thoughts to offer. Please continue. I understand your thought about the sliding force breaking the joint to the floor. I am not worried about mine because of the way that I constructed. As a retired millwright and amateur woodworker I tend to overbuild everything! I'll let you know how she performs on the road.

The cool thing about this site is these discussions. Sometimes you can pick up a lot of great info with all the different personalities and thinking styles interacting. Keep it up everyone!

SYOTR
Pat G
pat g
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Fri May 27, 2011 6:57 am

i don't know how i missed these last few postings. it never has shown up as unread for me or new postings. sorry i wasn't around to try to help out with issues.

gpw. thank you for removing your post. i did not see your comment, but if you removed it, i thank you!

conedoger..we do appreciate your input. please stay around and continue with your thoughts and opinions.

we all have some type of experiences to add to these boards. we just have to remember that sometimes the typed word isn't always received as they are intended. again i don't know what was said. but please we must get along, this is new territory for must of us.

please no more bickering, or you will make me work for my status. :D
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri May 27, 2011 10:31 am

Cone and I had a bit o' Cabaret ... ...all fixed now, mischief managed ... I got "out the box" ,then apologized... we're mates now , and I can't wait for him to visit here , cause I do owe him a few pints at the local tappie' , eh Cone ... :D :lol:

Eagle , you've had it easy ... so far ... :roll: :lol: :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri May 27, 2011 10:42 am

lets keep it that way. i am retired and do not want to work. i do not like that "W" word. :lol:

now if i ever get down that ways i would love to visit an oyster bar. :D
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri May 27, 2011 11:37 am

Erstas??? Not just yet for the good ones ... BP took care of that ... or so they said they would but never finished the job ... :x
I'd like to visit a Clam Bar ... Good clams up there... but I sure miss Tilefish ... Seems every time I go up North , some favorite fish dish has gone extinct, been overfished or contaminated with some poisonous chemical .. grrrrrr!!!! Come on down , still plenty to Eat , just not from BP waters... :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri May 27, 2011 11:43 am

oh we have great sea food here! blue claw crabs, clams, oysters, and fish sea food also. i am more a shell sea food person, but enjoy fish every once in a while. come on up, have lots of places. :thumbsup:
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri May 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Speaking of those crabs, you know I invented the Crab Pizza , twenty years ago in Seaside NJ... Eating at the Berkley , the owner served us some crab puffs to try out ... I told him "this would make a GREAT Pizza"... he went in the back made two , we sampled them and he didn't even charge us for them ... When I went back 5 years later ,EVERYBODY on the shore was serving Crab Pizza... :o :shock: :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri May 27, 2011 12:16 pm

OMG! i grew up in seaside! born/bred and raised in toms river, right next to seaside. but my first job was on the boardwalk. i do believe the best clams ever are had on the boardwalk.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri May 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Small world ain't it !!! :D 8) Can't tell you how many times I painted
Barnegat Light ... Favorite place in seaside was the Nor'easter.... had this crazy old Artist (Kane) ran the place.. Lots of "sea stories" ... could listen to him for hours... What a"character" ...
And I always go to Lakehurst to fly my foamie model planes in the Hindenburg Hanger (Hanger#1) with the Old Timers... :thumbsup: :D
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri May 27, 2011 2:27 pm

GPW wrote:Small world ain't it !!! :D 8) Can't tell you how many times I painted
Barnegat Light ... Favorite place in seaside was the Nor'easter.... had this crazy old Artist (Kane) ran the place.. Lots of "sea stories" ... could listen to him for hours... What a"character" ...
And I always go to Lakehurst to fly my foamie model planes in the Hindenburg Hanger (Hanger#1) with the Old Timers... :thumbsup: :D

:lol: my second duty station was lakehurst nj! (retired navy gal here)

you are bringing up too many memories.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri May 27, 2011 2:33 pm

we should probably move this conversation over to our big thread. get this one back on topic. :D
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies