Foamie windows ...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Postby GPW » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:56 am

Eagle , I believe a large part of Foamie building philosophy is the "Scavenger Hunt" ..(none of us are Rich AFAIK. ) Which all amounts to just keeping your eyes open for ANYTHING you can use... Construction sites , cabinet shops , trash piles ,factories, re-cycle places, thrift stores... you never know what you'll find... Just be Aware... By looking around ,and asking , I got most of my materials for free... that and what I had around... and my Foamie budget is still under $250.00 USD... Almost done now ... I'm sure there'll be more expenses , but if I can keep it total under 500 , I'll be Happy ...

And I know I've mentioned this before , but a good BS story to go along with negotiating really helps .... For example , I'd go talk to those boat trailer folks down the street , tell them what a rusted out POS they have and how you're planning on making a thrifty camper out of it for your familiy's enjoyment ... then offer them a hundred bucks ... see where that goes ... You Never know !!!!
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies