FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:00 am

Got the ASCT cleaned and stored under the shed where it will house the things we want to keep out of the weather ... and makes the wife Happy ... :D Plan on jacking it up on blocks for the short term . Take the weight off the wheels and suspension ... :thinking:
Ps. already found inside the ASCT is a nice sheet of 3/4" OSB , a good start on a floor for the Zephyr project (starting soon ) ... 8)

Re: FoamStream ... when we go to the grocery , going to check on “shower curtains” for the potty curtains ... makes sense huh ... Inexpensive , durable ... probably find something that matches or goes with the inside of the trailer (everything goes with gray huh ? :o )
We have some nice eye hooks already and some “clothesline” to use as a rudimentary curtain rod ... Trying to keep it light and simple to use ... it’s just a curtain eh ?
Attachments
ASCTshed.JPG
ASCTshed.JPG (245.24 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:39 am

Heya GeeP, the FS looks great !

It's HUGE inside :shock: kinda like the Tardis...
Something I was kicking around when I was figuring out dimensions: if you can afford the height, a pedestal a few inches high for the portapotti will bring it up to the height of a normal household toilet and give you a bit of extra storage space as well. My portapotti is 13" high, which was crazy given that I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'11". We used it while camping out of the truck and a 3" tall box under it made a world of difference.
I haven't gone back to catch up on your build (yet) so forgive me if you've already covered that :oops:

Have you made any more progress on the mini galley since your last post ?
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:55 am

W2, Yes Insider the FS seems extremely Large ... Not claustrophobic at all ... We’ve yet to fully utilize all the space we have ... But roomy does feel good !!! (and the Wife is Happy !!! :D )
Mini Galley is stocked with the necessary small appliances , but hasn’t been used yet ... I may have to try some overnight Winter camping in it (in the yard) , just for Fun and a chance to try it out ... !!!

Ps. Went shopping for potty curtain ... Haven’t found anything suitable for my decor that doesn’t look like a shower curtain .. or was Pricy ... Working on an alternative now ... small table laid out ready to cut , but my buddy with the wood shop has had the Flu ... :frightened:

Elevated potty ... :thinking: I dunno.... with the sloped roof , I may not have enough “headroom" (6’3”) .... some potty testing is indicated ... But you’re right , those small potties do seem built for the “little people” ... :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Now being only 5' 2" I resemble that, I need a stool to get onto those pots in the sky! :R :laughter: Seriously, you might think about putting it sideways or against the wall and the sink sidewise too. Just a thought..........

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mezmo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:38 pm

RE: Potty Seat height [Also furniture seat height.]

For tall adults a more comfortable seat height is 17-19 inches.
[It's the same for the handicapped recommendations I believe.]

I've found that the older I get the less I like low furniture. I added
runners, simply lengths of flat black painted 2x4 on the flat, to the
bottom of our recliners and it is amazing how much easier it is to
get in and up/out of them now. That extra one and a half inches
in height has been well worth the trouble it took to add the runners.

Cheers,
Norm/mezmo
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:16 am

Being “large" , we’ve always had problems with low things ... When I built my house , I had to add a couple inches in height to all the countertops , tables, etc... even my homemade Adirondack rocking chair is taller than normal ... My poor neighbor , she’s only 5’2”also , and when she came to dinner , I had to put some books on her chair ... :o One size does not fit all ... :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:30 am

Norm, I lowered my cabinets by a inch and funny how even the tall people like it, when bought my old house in town I could not see my reflection in the mirror in the bath room mirror . Funny how I put up with it for years till my husband walked by and saw me standing on my tippy toes heb moved it the next day.

GPW, when I come to visit I am glad you understand the problems of short people! :applause:

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:43 am

Mary we all have our problems .... For me it’s buying clothes... Big and Tall , anything you want in polyester.. :roll: Find shoes in my size 13-14 that don’t look like Boats ( I know if it’s my size if it has a transom :R ) ... and hats , size 8+ (24) ... Then , there’s the rarified atmosphere up here , not allowing us to think clearly due to the thin air , plus we have a longer way to fall ... Trimming toenails is a far away job , never in bifocal range .... might slip and lose a toe one day by accident ... :frightened: Tough being tall too :lol: .... Existence has it’s problems ... the old fight for survival ... :o

Mary , I do have chairs and such sized for Normal people such as yourself... ;) :thumbsup: 8) Most of my friends are Normal too ... :beer:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:54 am

Wow whew, was thinking I was going to have to learn to walk on stilts.

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Stilts .... :lol: :laughter:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:02 am

Or use a booster seat
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:53 am

We have those too ... :o ... :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:05 am

Nosing around in the shower curtain dept. at the Wal Mart ..... saw many nice shower curtains (fabric) that would look nice in the FS. (They even had Camo :o ) Just about the right size too , although we may have to take up the bottom hem a bit. Tempted to buy something , I had a thought at the last minute that I should bring the wife for the picking... since the potty area is all for her really... :roll: Although they were cheap enough , that I can change it if we became tired of the pattern ... :thinking:
No rush to get it finished , especially since the weather has prematurely turned Cold ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Camo shower curtain? Just what camo is used on a shower curtain? Or is mine the only slightly dirty mind here?

:D Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:37 am

Huh What ??? :NC Although I like Camo , mainly because of it’s dirt hiding property , I didn’t think the wife would be best pleased ... after all, providing a Bigger , comfortable camper was really all about her , otherwise we’d have kept the little trailer for me ... :thinking:

Got it all figured out .... The curtain will fit on a piece of clothesline (plastic covered wire) stretched between two eye hooks screwed into the ribs ..... Simple and easy ... Quick change possible , should the wife decide she wants Camo ... :o :duh: :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies