FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:15 am

Mel, I did that slant parking business with all my other trailers , This one , the water just races off the round roof .. no matter how it’s parked ...
Since the FS entry door is in the back , I do park it nose high (a little ) just in case... more precautionary than necessary ... :thinking: No problems at all ... After every large rain (daily) I check inside the FS ... still dry as toast ... no worries !!! 8) We did make this one to survive living Outside (too big to fit in the garage, or the shed) with a bare minimum of maintenance ... and so far it’s working out well.. ;) :thumbsup: :D
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Jack B. » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:11 am

Oh, we be such underachievers around here. This guy is building himself a velocycle. He's going to skin it over with glass I'm sure, but he's made the ribs from foam strips to get the shape right. then he's made the shell of foam strips as in strip plank construction like in boat building. Of course he's a retired John Deere engineer so he does have a bit of a leg up on those like this mere mortal. If you go check out his stuff make sure to mov up through the months to see his progress.

This would be a way to get complex curves that flow into one another. Strength would be my main concern, but a couple of thin layers with overlapped seams and a good solid fabric/glue/paint outer garment would make it sturdy enough I bet.

http://thetinkersworkshop.blogspot.com/ ... rk-on.html

Jack
Jack B.
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:44 am

That’s one way of doing it ... and we know it works !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:17 pm

A little afternoon fun with Krewe De Kaw....

It took a little over an hour to go from the coffee house in the 1000 block to the micro brewery/restaurant in the 600 block. The actually went in a couple of businesses along the way. It was too much fun, but I was way underdressed. I only had a few strands of beads.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:57 pm

That’s the Spirit!!! (and a “hip” drum section too !! ) Much better weather than here , 37F and raining all day ...(Just NASTY) :frightened: At the Royal Toast, the first words out of the King of Carnival’s mouth was , “We must be Crazy to be out here!!! ” ... The pseudo royals always ones for the apt phrase... :R And as usual that didn’t stop anyone from attending , they all just brought their umbrellas ... Bad as Golfers really ... worse, golfers don’t bring their kids... Crazy is a relative term ... :NC
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:46 pm

The newspaper estimate was about 150. But there were more that joined along the way and a few that ducked out early. I may have to work on a hat and mask for next year.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/mar/0 ... ive-weird/

I'll add a link when the local TV posts up video. I have a few more on my phone, but that last one took for ever to upload.

The coffee shop at the beginning even had the coffee and chicory out. :thumbsup:

Edit: here is the tv spot. I can barely be seen in the background behind the kid on the pogo stick. http://6lawrence.com/news/local-news/91 ... ual-parade
Last edited by wagondude on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 pm

:thumbsup: 8) 8) 8) :P An Annual event for sure Bill !!! :dancing:

Here it never really stops ... Mardi Gras is supposed to be the last party before Lent , but then comes St. Patricks day parades where they throw cabbages (everybody goes homes and makes Soup.) That takes us right into Jazz Fest ... and on and on ... Any excuse for a little FUN !!! :D
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 am

Well then , things DO have a way of working out on their own :o .... last night (@ Band rehearsal) My friend who is also the welder , said he got "the machine" out for another job for his son , and he’d call when he was ready for the FoamStream .. :dancing :dancing :dancing Legalization (trailer) is coming soon !!! 8)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 pm

We're gonna make an honest man out of you , yet!!! :lol: :lol:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 am

Have yet to hear from my friend (welder) ... :roll: Guess he’s been busy ... :NC Soon as that gets done we can tow it ...and get it legal ... The wife has been nagging me to get it legal ... just the wait now ... for the welding ...

Ps. and it hasn’t rained in two days now .... so we’re READY !!!

ODD, ever notice how the only difference between legal and illegal , involves the paying of “taxes” .. and fines, fees , assessments, etc. etc. ad nauseum... .. Money seems to make everything right eh (legal?)... :duh: Capitalism ... :roll: Legal doesn’t seem to have Anything to do with Good or Evil ... just “unpaid” ... :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:27 am

To damn early in the morning to be thinking so hard.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:51 am

Too much STRONG coffee to start with ... :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:33 am

The FoamStream got SQUASHED !!! :o :shock: Saw the pic in the HOF , and now it’s only 10’ long ... Looked kinda’ "funny” , like a Foamie’ Fatty ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be the gallery doing it , an “optical delusion” (sic) ... :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Sitting here relaxing on a beautiful Sat. 78F , clear ... Just enjoying the milder weather ... :relaxing: Then I got a call from my friend to bring the FS down to his house to have the new coupler welded on ... 8) Hitched it up and took off down the off road course they call my street ... (figured that would be a test ) Got it out on the concrete and towed it up to 45mph ... No problems , no sway , towed pretty much like it wasn’t there... even stopping isn’t a problem ... :D Got the coupler welded on and the chains crossed style ... just cut a HF chain in half and welded on the clips KC so generously donated to the cause ... :thumbsup: Towed it back home ... parked it again and that’s that ... for now ... travelled ~ 5 miles , longest and fastest the FS has ever been ... looking good so far ...

BTW, I did check to see if the tires were rubbing on the floor , and No signs of that , so we do have enough clearance , even on my BAD road :frightened: ... The trailer towed tightly , not any bouncing around ... No strange noises ... seems perfect for me ... :D

Now we have to go out and do some scale chipping and paint the welds , lest they immediately rust in this humid climate ... :o
Attachments
FScoupler.JPG
FScoupler.JPG (189.07 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies