FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:51 am

I’m sure they’ve read it by now, they know how I am ... and Paul, just because you don’t like me personally doesn’t mean you get to Poison all my threads ...
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Mr Weber, it's not that I don't like you, be reasonable, I've never met you. I make my judgements based on manipulative behaviour. You qualify nicely.

Paul
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:00 am

OK, for the sake of peace and harmony , I'll try and Not be so ... “helpful" ... You guys do fine all helping each other ...
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby 12Volt-Travel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:11 am

GPW you are one funny guy. Hopefully the ants stay out and your signal keeps coming in strong and clear. Not sure if it was mentioned or not, but where did you come up with the idea/plans to build this coat hanger antenna? Thinking it would be neat to build one and test it out here...
12 Volt TV's for Teardrops!
12Volt-Travel
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bonnie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:37 am

You be who you are. I, for one, find your help very, well, helpful. Sorry, under the weather and on meds. :?
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:31 pm

12V, Regretfully not everybody shares your opinion, but Thanks !!! ... The “coat hanger” TV antenna came off You Tube ... and somebody here posted it a long time ago as a TV antenna for a Trailer ... It works Great and especially for the price ... We get more channels than with my $40 supposedly best storebought antenna ...
Bonnie , sorry you’re feeling poorly , Everybody here is down with something ... Must be a bad time of year ... and naturally it would occur at the peak of hurricane season ( Sept. 10 ) ... We’re just lucky this year so far not to get any , and just missed the flooding west and north of us , although it continues to rain every day .. :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:17 am

With the continuing decline in the threats of Hurricane season , and the promise of good weather ( well a couple weeks of it anyway ) ... Thoughts turn to working on the FoamStream ... Now that we have the scaffolding we can easily access the roof ... ( a problem before on a shakey ladder ) . That “ridge" that runs down the top is finally causing problems , the shrunken canvas pulling away from the square edges of the ridge where it meets the roof . leaving an air space behind that part of the canvas ... :frightened: The plan will be to peel the old canvas off that arera, physically cut the foam ridge off the trailer , then smooth it down flush , and recover the whole area with some fresh canvas... leaving just a smooth rounded top ... I’m lucky enough to have found a skilled younger guy I can hire to help , I’m getting Old now and the help will be much appreciated ... Not really a one man job anymore ... not for me ... :roll:
Just chalking this up to “design changes” after the fact ... and a little yearly maintenance... We already have the new canvas, a gallon of TB2 , and hopefully enough paint to match ...so no out of pocket expense save paying the helper ..

Report: The drip edges are working really well at keeping the floor bottom nice and dry , even in this most WET season ... Hopefully we’ll find something more permanent for the rounded front floor ... The Gorilla tape is still holding ... Amazing ...
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Any update? Inquiring minds want to know!
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:02 am

Bonnie , the weather is improving , and i’m trying to schedule my helper for a good day ... The modification to the top shouldn’t take long at all ... just can’t do it by myself , the wife would help but she’s waiting for back surgery and is temporarily incapacitated.

And for my new obsession with drip edges ... Ordered a roll of 2” Eternabond tape , just because the marine sealant bond wasn’t as nice as we would have liked , and we know the Eternabond tape will be there longer than me . I found it in a Tan color to match the top part ... like a stripe ...
That brings this years maintenance cost up to around $85.00 ... so far ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Finally a week of DRY weather , and my part time helper had some free time , so we started this morning 8:00AM ... scaffold up ... Marked the roof and cut back the old canvas and discarded it , used a sharp hand saw to cut the top ridge off and a farriers rasp to smooth it into contour with the rest of the roof ... Cleaned everything first with Mr. Clean , then Denatured alcohol .... Sanded the painted surface to create more ’tooth” thyen vacuumed the entire roof ( foam beads EVERYWHERE .. :o ) Then laid down the new canvas after a Liberal application of T2 ( rolled on ) we used a whole gallon to put this piece on , so there should be enough glue ... ;) Let that bake in the sun for an hour while we took a long coffee break and talked about hunting .... then went back out and put the thin sizing coat on (something we neglected last time :oops: ) ... Tomorrow we’ll put on the Gripper and go buy some new paint .... decided to paint the whole trailer again ... Don’t know if we’ll do the same colors or just paint it one solid color ... ( I do like Laura’s bright green trailer color 8) ) So 5 hours work , we have a new 18oz. canvas roof , well glued down and ready to paint ... not bad for a mornings work ... I love Foamies .... :D Here’s the pics ...
Attachments
DSCF0107.jpg
DSCF0107.jpg (165.02 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
DSCF0105.jpg
DSCF0105.jpg (169.96 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
DSCF0104.jpg
DSCF0104.jpg (204.06 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
Last edited by GPW on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:06 pm

More :
Attachments
DSCF0109.jpg
DSCF0109.jpg (184.18 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
DSCF0111.jpg
DSCF0111.jpg (228.37 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
DSCF0112.jpg
DSCF0112.jpg (217.19 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby lthomas987 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:17 pm

I am glad the foamstream got it's maintenance for the year. Hard to beat $85. Can you even walk in an RV service bay for that?
Laura
Bike-Drop a Micro-Foamy Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59274
My first Superlegarra-ish Foamy build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=59049
lthomas987
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:32 pm

LT, I don’t think you can even park in the front for that ... :lol:

Add the “Croaker" ( $100.00) we gave the helper ... He is experienced (jack of all trades) and was a really BIG help ...!!! Still not so bad ... :D

Having that scaffolding made a HUGE difference in how easy the job was... The Old guy up on the shakey wooden ladder just wasn’t working very well ... :roll: :frightened: One fall , that’s all ...
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Camp4Life » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Been thinking of my electrical setup and saw the post about the coat hanger tv antenna. Did that myself a long time ago, but how is it setup now? Do you have the coat hanger hooked up to the DVB module directly?

EDIT: Not sure about south of the border, but in Canada we lost analog channels years ago and it's now all digital channels, which means you need a DVB antenna, that's why I'm asking. Or do you guys still get analog channels in the States?
Camp4Life
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:44 am

Camp, we have the coat hanger antenna plugged directly into the flat screen TV ... :thumbsup:

All DTV ? I dunno’ ... Must be eh , because old TV’s needed a digital converter to work ...
GPW
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies