FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby Ned B » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Slap a couple of pontoons on the foamstream and you'll almost have a Star Trek shuttle that floats!
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:29 am

Well , guess we’ll no longer have to explain how it rains a LOT here... :roll:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:39 pm

Nope. You still okay down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:19 am

Yes, Thanks , we’re fine .... Living in NOLA , we’re all well experienced with flooding in the past ( a common occurrance) ... When I built my "dream home" , I first went around talking to the neighbors ( old timers) who gladly explained this was a HIGH SPOT and it really didn’t flood around here... a natural compression ridge made by the Mississippi River that pushed up the land higher than all the surrounding area... So If I flood , then the whole City will be well underwater , we will be dry , but have no place to go , which is why I’m now seriously thinking about that Foam boat ... :thinking:
Even during Katrina , there were places (amongst the floodwaters) that did Not flood ( High spots ) ... So when you live in a place that has the potential for flooding , that’s where you want to live ( High spot) ... In the city proper , those properties are highly valued, but in the surrounding areas out of town , places like this are all but unknown ( and affordable ) ... except to those who search them out and live with the minor inconvenience of living away from the immediate convenience of a metropolitan area... My Dry property is at least 6 miles from everything ... :o

The benefits aside from the lack of flooding ... Fresh Air ,lots of land to do things on, trees of all kinds , wild animals , bugs , and most of all glorious OUIET ... 8) It’s like living in the woods ..... it IS living in the woods ... Sorta like the adventure of camping , but with all the conveniences ...

This was all part of "the PLAN “ ... an game of Smartball ... ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:59 am

And on the local scene , we’re still waiting for a few dry days to do some touch up painting on the outside of the FoamStream .... Even with the “light” Hurricane season ( so far , touch wood) , we still continue to prepare the FS for the eventuality of EVAC ... It will happen again , we just don’t know when , but we strive to be prepared... :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:04 am

Well then , what is now being called "the Great Flood of 2016 ", yet another good reason to have a camper ... ( maybe one that floats ) :roll: We just heard only 12% of those flooded had Flood Insurance , and we know there’s no way in heck the regular homeowners will cover flooding ... So that’s going to be very difficult for a lot of people to recover.... most of these places were considered a very low risk ... Now we’re wondering if FEMA is going to step in with their cheaply made yet very expensive toxic trailers ... That was a costly mistake for the taxpayers , but what are people to do ... ???
Looks like another “bailout” for the declining RV industry ... :frightened:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:08 am

Ruh Roh !!! Looks like we might get a chance to actually try out the FoamStream ... Hurricane models pointing at us ... or Florida ... getting my list out , checking it twice , gassed up the truck , got my medicine refilled ... We’ll see how this plays out ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby greygoos » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:40 pm

How about this as a base for your foam boat? https://www.amazon.com/UNSINKABLE-Build ... B005JOIHUM. This isa link to the ebook
Attachments
foam boat.jpg
foam boat.jpg (29.15 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:23 am

We like that !!! Just a simple Barge/skiff :thumbsup: Thinkng we may NEED one the way it keeps raining around here... :rainy:

I keep saying to myself there’s no such thing as climate change ...and then we look out the window ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:30 am

Looks like that Gulf/Atlantic storm is calming down .... Thank Goodness !!! Keep those fingers crossed ... :roll: It would be really great if no Storms hit anybody this year :thumbsup: ... Already bad enough with just the heavy rains that hit South LA ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:39 am

That boat would be fun! Glad you have better weather outlooks!
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:19 am

Bonnie , looks like the boat will be a good winter project and I can build it inside the studio ... :thinking:
Yes , very thankful the weather is changing for the better ... Not a good time for a big storm with a lot of people recovering from the previous flooding ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:37 am

Just got ready to load up the FS , and then the storm turned the other way ... Those poor people in Florida ... :frightened: Still ready , if the need arises... :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:20 am

Looks like we might be taking a little forced vacation from the Foamies .... All my best to everyone :thumbsup: .... if anybody needs to find me I’ll be on Facebook ... https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009558437222 CU, GPW
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:40 am

GPW, may I point out your very apparent attempt at sympathy gathering here. Maybe it would be fair if you cut and pasted the entire conversation that led you to post that last comment.

Paul
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies