FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:18 am

Well you’ll be Happy to know that my Poison Patch is still holding and there is no sign of ants ... Despite some torrential rains that have been going through here ... Like yesterday when my cable was knocked out for 14 hours ... :frightened: Coat Hanger TV antenna came in VERY handy to stave off terminal ennui... :R
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:05 pm

I always find it interesting that Solomon didn't know about the fact that a ant colony has a queen. I guess ant colony science projects hadn't been invented yet. :lol:
He was reputed to be an expert on plants and animals.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Info on antenna building, please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw This is as good as any , really easy to do ... If you have problems ,please let us know ... ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:45 am

Thank you!

bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:12 am

Just reporting in on the Drip edge after a time .... It’s worked remarkably well to keep the bottom of the camper dry ... even the very simple Gorilla tape and Aluminum tape temporary nose drip edge has allowed All that bottom nose to dry out completely ... :D And it’s been WELL TESTED in the rains/storms of the past couple months . :rainy:
If you’ve got rain , you may want to seriously consider using a drip edge of some sort ... :thinking:
Surprisingly , the Gorilla Tape still shows no signs of aging or lacking adhesion ... Much better than common Duct tape ... :thumbsup: Even the silly Band Aid is still stuck ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:31 am

I like the idea of the Gorilla Tape. I don't remember, did you just use the tape when you attached it, or something with it?

bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:17 am

Just the Tape !!! :o It was a "test“ to see how it held up and was only meant as a temporary measure till we came up with a better idea ... But it worked better than we could have imagined .... Wrongly comparing it to common Duct tape , which would be decomposing by now .... The new Tapes do seem pretty wonderful .... I was thinking of an Eternabond tape “drip edge" on the front ... easy to do , lasts and lasts .. Was going to use a piece of Fire hose canvas , split and glued to the nose , but the Eternabond would be so much easier and probably last longer too ... The little bit of tape that would be exposed below the floor would have some Aluminum tape to stick to ... That should last ages, perhaps longer than me ... :o
As with any of these super adhesive tapes , they will remove any paint right off the canvas or surface ... That’s STICKY !!! :shock:
I keep the Gorilla tape in a plastic zip lock bag to keep it clean ( sticky ) and it WILL be included in my trailer Kit of must have things ... :thumbsup: ...
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:54 am

Unfortunately we had so many things planned , but it’s been raining EVERY day ... :rainy: Waiting on a few DRY days to do some more undercoating and touch up sealing and painting ... While we were in no hurry , the new tropical waves in the Atlantic have awakened cause for concern ... We’re basically ready to go , but just have some little cosmetic things to take care of , possibly done while camping ( evac) But it would be nice to be 100% ... :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:52 am

EVAC preparations continue , looks like the season is heating up quickly ... Right now we’re experiencing a Thunderstorm of epic proportions , produced 2400 lightning strikes in 15 minutes , and a waterspout ... Pretty Amazing , and a bit scary too ... :o :frightened:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:19 am

Just watched the weather on tv.. Heading for higher ground GPW?
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Ned , might have to make some foam pontoons for the FoamStream and add that periscope we wanted ... :roll: To say it’s Rainy is an understatement ... :rainy: Glad as heck we installed those drop edges , just checked , the bottom is dry ... :thumbsup: :D
Ps. we’re still dry .... so far ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:20 am

Good, stay safe... The weather talking head was saying worst rains since Katrina.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks Ned , we’re pretty high here ~ 22’ above sea level ( that’s like a mountain around here :R ) If we flood the entire city is gone ... :o
but then again , we can’t go to far .... without pontoons ... ( Trapped like rats ) That Foamie Boat idea is looking more and more attractive ... :roll: :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby ghcoe » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:14 pm

GPW wrote:Thanks Ned , we’re pretty high here ~ 22’ above sea level ( that’s like a mountain around here :R ) If we flood the entire city is gone ... :o
but then again , we can’t go to far .... without pontoons ... ( Trapped like rats ) That Foamie Boat idea is looking more and more attractive ... :roll: :thinking:

I am still waiting for someone to build one of these out of foam. GPW I think your next build could............ :beer: http://sealander.de/?lang=en#slnd/8

float.png
Foat
float.png (592.93 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies