FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 pm

Oops !!! The Free Trailer is Gone … :D The wife is Happy , and my Friend got a great deal … Everybody’s Happy !!! :P :dancing :thumbs up1:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby John61CT » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Nice. Every redundant possession is a burden, shedding "stuff" feels so great.

Plus, Happy Wife Happy Life
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:35 am

It just felt Good to restore the trailer to a usable good condition, and find a new owner that may benefit from it’s use ! … “ a Trailer is a terrible thing to waste ! “ ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:29 am

With Hurricane season approaching , I told the wife how NICE it is to get everything ready in the cool weather and not be out working in the HOT summer sun behind schedule … All we need to do now is take an inventory of the gear , and we are ready to go .. new tires too ... :D :thumbsup:

Ps. The new Drip edges are working perfectly, as well as the “Board flooring” … really affirming their practicality and how they eliminate many water problems … Living outside all the time is a real test of durability … Foamstream going on year # 6 … No more doubts about Foamie trailers in my mind !!! ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby stcyrwm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Okay, I just killed all productivity for 2 days of reading through this thread. Thank you George for all your sharing. I appreciate it very much.

I am dreaming about building something of similar design and the info you shared here was amazingly encouraging.

With respect,
Bill St.Cyr

PS
Hopefully I can get back to work now.
stcyrwm
Teardrop Builder

Postby me&z » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:44 am

stcyrwm wrote:Okay, I just killed all productivity for 2 days of reading through this thread. Thank you George for all your sharing. I appreciate it very much.

I am dreaming about building something of similar design and the info you shared here was amazingly encouraging.

With respect,
Bill St.Cyr

PS
Hopefully I can get back to work now.

But have you read the big thread yet?
me&z
Teardrop Master

Postby stcyrwm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Haha, there goes my week!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
stcyrwm
Teardrop Builder

Postby GPW » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:59 am

You can skip over some things , like the pet pictures , and people arguing that it will blow up on the highway :R … Just stick to the build text and it’ll go quickly !!! The Big thread is more like a History now , of how it all happened … we were actually just trying to waterproof wood … after having our plywood TD delaminate so quickly … :o
After many years , there’s been so many Foamies built , the technology has Improved greatly !!! And now , instead of the Idea of “No Rules” , there are a few "suggestions” for success… materials that really work … and building procedures well tested by many very Talented builders and seasoned travelers !!! ... ;)

After all, the Foam Stream has lasted Three times as long as any other trailer we had (*) … and that’s living outside … :thumbsup:

(*) The Foamie #1 lasted a long time , but got sold and moved away ... :cry:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby John61CT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:01 pm

For someone going to the trouble of parsing the canonical threads for the first time,

would be doing the community a great service to jot down and post some summary notes?
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:09 am

John ,Thanks !!! Your notations and observances would be MOST APPRECIATED by Everybody !!!! :thumbsup: ;) 8) What started as a way to waterproof wood , just got outta hand from there… :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby John61CT » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:31 am

Yeh, I might just get a Round Tuit.

Meantime keep hoping someone else will think it's worth doing first 8-)
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:59 pm

That door remains wide open , with a Big WELCOME mat in front … !!! ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:49 pm

Ok GPW, you told me to comment, even if it was six years ago...

GPW wrote:OK, I gotta’ brag on this .... I must ... :R

ELVIS is painting my trailer !!! :o :shock: :D 8) Well , his name is Elvis ...really !!! close enough eh ... :lol:

Me , I’m sitting inside in front the fan , sipping on a cold one ... :fan: :beer: Life is Good !!! :D

...and whilst you're enjoying a cold one :beer: he appears to be enjoying a heater! :cigar:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby GPW » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:58 am

Rob ,true, his name was Elvis ( really !!!) He was the BIL of my then yard man Jose , and was looking for some work , so we set him to painting the inside … He did a really Nice job despite his incessant smoking and Mexican Radio blaring from his phone … (whatever he was smoking ? :R )
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:10 pm

KCStudly wrote:Are you going to continue the night scene by painting the lower section with a camp fire theme? Nice warm glow , some logs and a rock ring?

I cast my vote, "aye". :twisted:

GPW wrote:KC, that’s a good idea , but “nay” ... just plain ... however , I did think of a pumpkin patch scene with some old bearded guys wandering around in the moonlight, harvesting the crop to go chunkin’ the next day ... :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe a bit too "seasonal “ ... :R

So... here again, this discussion was happening waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in September of 2013 when GPW was just installing the chipboard on the lower front interior wall. Of course I have no way yet of knowing what actually happened because I am still back on page 126 and it is just WRONG to read ahead. :angel: 8) Therefore, since in the cartoon bubble above my head :lol: the installation of the chipboard is happening in real time I suggest that when you get around to painting that scene with the three bearded guys you could use wolffarmer. nobull, and myself as models! :pictures: :awesome:

(Oh... wiseguy! Nyuk, nyuk nyuk!!!)
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies