different fabrics with titebond 2

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Postby GPW » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 am

Dog, you’ve come to the same conclusions we have ... I actually like the look of the burlap, but then I kinda’ like the weave look ... and it is quite Strong ...

Update: ... After enduring our most Brutal summer , the canvas fabric on mine is totally unchanged , no problems , no lifting despite some really Intense rainstorms and HOT searing Sun ... I figure as long as it’s kept painted , it should live outside very well ... No problems ... no special care ...

And as far as hammers :roll: , the only thing I can think of being similar is tree limbs... (been there) But the damage would be very localized and cheap and easy to repair ... and due to the construction , if you had some damage it wouldn’t leak/wick water (rain) all over the rest of the trailer , like the more conventional trailers do ...
I know some of you have to deal with Snow :o , but I can’t see that affecting the Foam/fabric either ... But as you reach freezing , the foam does tend to be more brittle ... Might be good to test samples of foam in Very cold temps ... just to see for yourself ...
All comes down to what “look" you like... :thinking:

Just FYI , I’m still searching for a big pile of free Jute sacks (down by the wharves) ... for a more “primitiveâ€
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 am

we get snow and freezing weather temps here. so we'll see how the foamie holds up here. i have pretty much resigned myself to the fact my season is over. i won't even be thinking about it til january, when the tax refund money comes in. although, i might have a little battle this year. hubby wants some of it. he doesn't like the where it goes when i get it.

now the strange part about that is, every single year, i ask him what does he want. and he never says anything. so by the time (months later) he finally gets around to telling me, well heck, the money is gone. :lol:
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:05 am

Have him make a "wish listâ€
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:23 am

gpw, that just might work!
Louella