The Poet Creek Express - Foamie Hybrid

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: The Poet Creek Express - Foamie Hybrid

Postby GPW » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:37 am

That's amazing eh !!! :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:53 am

Yes it is!
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Well the weather has broken here from hot and humid to cool and less humid. So I have no excuse for not working on the camper this weekend... except that we are working on the ballista (punkin chunkin machine).

We are eliminating the balky gas engine (old snow blower motor) and "portable" hydraulic power pack that we would have to lift on and off the trailer, and replacing it with a 5 hp electric motor powered system that is integrated into the trailer, mounted under the front deck. Advantages include no need to physically lift it on and off the machine; power will be provided by Karl's Bobcat welder/generator that we bring with use and run anyway to backup the winch battery... which is much quieter than the old snow blower motor, allowing us to communicate better and will be much nicer for the spectators... we can interact with the emcees better during preperation to throw.

Today I helped pull the front deck boards up; hard mounted the quick couplings for the winding ram hoses through the front trailer xmbr; and built new mounts for the filter/pressure regulator/pressure gauge/return to tank manifold assembly.

We helped Jamie install the new bed plate mount for the motor and pump that he built, and the new mount for the hydraulic oil tank that he built (like a battery tray drop down bracket). There are two spool valves, one for the dump frame lift and one for directional control of the winding ram. We got the dump frame valve positioned and mounting holes drilled, and Karl welded on the mounts I made for the return to tank assembly.

That's about it to report. Weird thing is, every single word in this post has been underlined in red as being mis-spelled... except "ballista", which I probably had 'added to dictionary'. Firefox must be confused. :thinking:
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:58 pm

The NHRA (drag racing sanction) is using a Big Daddy Ed Roth Rat Fink style teardrop logo to promote their "Drag a friend to the strip" initiative.
https://goo.gl/images/rrT41G
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:17 am

KCStudly wrote:The NHRA (drag racing sanction) is using a Big Daddy Ed Roth Rat Fink style teardrop logo to promote their "Drag a friend to the strip" initiative.
https://goo.gl/images/rrT41G
Rat Fink + Teardrops. Oh yesss

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby linuxmanxxx » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Hey studly get to building buddy that foam might start rotting :lol:
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby GPW » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Steve’s Right … But I think the real idea is to get TPCE done before We start rotting !!! :R :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby linuxmanxxx » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:36 pm

GPW wrote:Steve’s Right … But I think the real idea is to get TPCE done before We start rotting !!! :R
I wanted to not reference mortality

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby GPW » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:03 am

I did !!! :lol: Having just turned 70 ( Seventy :o ) there's two things I’d like to see finished …. Game of Thrones, and TPCE… not much to ask eh … :roll: …. hahahaha
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby swampjeep » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:53 am

GPW wrote:I did !!! :lol: Having just turned 70 ( Seventy :o ) there's two things I’d like to see finished …. Game of Thrones, and TPCE… not much to ask eh … :roll: …. hahahaha

LOL

so do you think George will finish the books, or will you have to settle for what the HBO series does to end GoT?
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:11 am

SJ, we realize it’s not going to end well for somebody in the 7 kingdoms … ( or maybe everybody ? ) :o
However , we’re still waiting on TPCE , expecting that will turn out quite Nicely !!! :thumbsup: 8)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:01 am

My current plan is to start up work again in the spring, when the weather warms up enough.

Keep poking me, though. Everyone's encouragement has been one of the greatest driving forces of this project. Positive feedback... along with constructive suggestions and the camaraderie... are always a welcome thing.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. :)
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:26 am

Happy Holidays Brotherman, I was starting to wonder about you. I will have to say in all honesty I never dreamed the Astroliner would see the finish line before TPCE! But there's still hope! I have several "finishing up" kind of things on my list, so you've still got time! LOL! Just harassing you a bit my friend. I'm just anxious to see you get her on the trail! Hope your Holidays are spectacular!
Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:08 pm

We had a very nice Christmas. A family friend from New Zealand, Sheree, was visiting and we enjoyed great meals at Mom's (x-mas eve) and our home (x-mas day). My aunt, who has always been allergic to cats and dogs (and therefore not able to come to our house) now has a hearing dog (trained to assist her with her deafness), so has been on allergy shots and was able to come for the first time in many years.

For X-mas eve Mom (and Sheree) did her mother's traditional avocado salad starter; a 3-rib standing rib roast; acorn squash roasted and stuffed with a quinoa and kale mixture; Brussels sprouts with a lemon cheese dressing; and an arugula, pear and walnut salad. For dessert Sheree made a x-mas wreath pavlova (pavlova is a very traditional New Zealand dessert, meringue with crispy crust outside and soft, light inside) with whipped cream topping, sugared cranberries (fresh cranberries gently steeped in simple sugar and then dusted with more granulated sugar to make them sparkle), and mint leaves to give the effect of holly; it was luscious. Mom did a tall apple pie served with both sharp cheddar and vanilla ice cream (for those who couldn't decide... or just wanted to indulge). Bill's daughter brought an assortment of Italian cookies from a local bakery. Vermont Maple Cream liqueur and Baily's digestifs.

On X-mas day I did a 5-rib standing rib roast rubbed with a whole head of garlic, a mess of horseradish, kosher salt and olive oil (came out perfectly between rare-medium rare); my Seriously Sharp mac and cheese; Yvette's twice baked potatoes stuffed with cheesy goodness; I experimented and created a "Not Your Traditional Green Bean Casserole" (do ahead whole green beans blanched for 3 mins in boiling water just until the starch flavor goes away and they start to get sweet, then shocked in ice water, place in zip bag in fridge for up to 3 days; minced shallots sauteed in butter then add small button mushrooms (bite size or larger halved or quartered to bite size) and cook just until the mushrooms soften a bit, but are still somewhat firm in the middle and not browned off, refrigerate up to 3 days; then combine and just warm up both gently on stove top while the roast is resting; top with those store bought crunchy fried onion things... big hit); BIL's savory pork pie; nephew's North Georgia Candy Roaster Squash; my traditional 'no cook' cranberry relish; herb butter and rolls; Graber olives (thanks to mom for saving the day here); finished off by Yvette's confections (rum balls, peanut butter/chocolate chip balls, fudge, spritz cookies and oatmeal cookies with raisins and butterscotch chips, mom's pecan pie, and SIL's melt in your mouth scratch made key lime pie. Various wines to choose from.

Good eats.
Last edited by KCStudly on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:43 pm

KCStudly wrote:We had a very nice Christmas. A family friend from New Zealand, Sheree, was visiting and we enjoyed great meals at Mom's (x-mas eve) and our home (x-mas day). My aunt, who has always been allergic to cats and dogs (and therefore not able to come to our house) now has a hearing dog (trained to assist her with her deafness), so has been on allergy shots and was able to come for the first time in many years.

For X-mas eve Mom (and Sheree) did her mother's traditional avocado salad starter; a 3-rib standing rib roast; acorn squash roasted and stuffed with a quinoa and kale mixture; Brussels sprouts with a lemon cheese dressing; and an arugula, pear and walnut salad. For dessert Sheree made a x-mas wreath pavlova (pavlova is a very traditional New Zealand dessert, meringue with crispy crust outside and soft, light inside) with whipped cream topping, sugared cranberries (fresh cranberries gently steeped in simple sugar and then dusted with more granulated sugar to make them sparkle), and mint leaves to give the effect of holly; it was luscious. Mom did a tall apple pie served with both sharp cheddar and vanilla ice cream (for those who couldn't decide... or just wanted to indulge). Bill's daughter brought an assortment of Italian cookies from a local bakery. Vermont Maple Cream liqueur and Baily's digestifs.

On X-mas day I did a 5-rib standing rib roast rubbed with a whole head of garlic, a mess of horseradish, kosher salt and olive oil (came out perfectly between rare-medium rare); my Seriously Sharp mac and cheese; Yvette's twice baked potatoes stuffed with cheesy goodness; I experimented and created a "Not Your Traditional Green Bean Casserole" (do ahead whole green beans blanched for 3 mins in boiling water just until the starch flavor goes away and the start to get sweet, then shocked in ice water, place in zip bag in fridge for up to 3 days; minced shallots sauteed in butter then add small button mushrooms (bite size or larger halved or quartered to bite size) and cook just until the mushrooms soften a bit, but are still somewhat firm in the middle and not browned off, refrigerate up to 3 days; then combine and just warm up both gently on stove top while the roast is resting; top with those store bought crunchy fried onion things... big hit); BIL's savory pork pie; nephew's North Georgia Candy Roaster Squash; my traditional 'no cook' cranberry relish; herb butter and rolls; Graber olives (thanks to mom for saving the day here); finished off by Yvette's confections (rum balls, peanut butter/chocolate chip balls, fudge, spritz cookies and oatmeal cookies with raisins and butterscotch chips, mom's pecan pie, and SIL's melt in your mouth scratch made key lime pie. Various wines to choose from.

Good eats.
Wow! Sounds like something from a movie! Clearly I had Christmas at the wrong house!! Good for you! Sounds like a Festive Feast!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies