Grits,more work getting done

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: OK, here goes: Grits

Postby GPW » Mon May 20, 2013 11:47 am

just having a little Fun ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Mon May 20, 2013 11:54 am

Ok so which one did I carve? no, don't answer, just let it be. I already know the answer, ;) so I don't know why I am asking anyone.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Mon May 20, 2013 2:34 pm

from 4 x 8 to 5 feet x 8 1/2 feet so some saw dust flew????

Now that is done, Yes, I said that I will use all the wood I had in my barn to do this with. Now I am caught up with the pictures I have. I have to make a trip to the dump and to my son's to get the rest of the wood I took to his house. I am waiting for the news so I can check the weather as it has been raining and I have not covered it in poly yet. I will check back in when I get a little more done!

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Mon May 20, 2013 2:43 pm

I think I invented a new drink, Take a half glass of Arbor Mist Sangria wine and add a scoop of sherbert, the kind that is 3 flavors is best. Eat and drink with spoon. :D I call it a sangbert!!!! :wine:

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oldragbaggers » Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Mary C wrote:I think I invented a new drink, Take a half glass of Arbor Mist Sangria wine and add a scoop of sherbert, the kind that is 3 flavors is best. Eat and drink with spoon. :D I call it a sangbert!!!! :wine:

Oooooooh Mary, I want one of those.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon May 20, 2013 6:00 pm

OK, since we’re already OT , I must mention Grits ... Around here you can’t find plain Grits anymore :o .... all the local chefs have conjured up ways to mix them with very Tasty hi-fat sauces , so now we have “designer Grits “ ... DEEEEE...licious ... but fattening ... :frightened:
Sangbert and designer grits .... yeah , that would work ... :D :wine:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Mon May 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Becky, I finished my dinner and went to fix a bowl of sherbert my glass of wine was sitting there and I thought sangria......fruit.....sherbert......fruit.......... Why mess up another dish....Plop with the sherbert Why not??? :roll: :lol:

and WOW :shock: it was good.........mmmmmmmm

Now how do I keep the sherbert cold for CRA I have been toying with the Idea of taking a box with dry ice for my frozen food, vegs and meats, I guess now it will be just a wee bit bigger.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. I didn't get to go to my daughters today so I will go there tomorrow after my eggs, ham, grits (the real stuff, GPW ) and red eye gravy. When I get back from Hiram, includes a trip to HD for more stuff, I will poly the trailer wood. Dinner and a little sangbert :wine: for the evening............ I will carry my camera!!!

Mary C. :) :wine:
Last edited by Mary C on Wed May 22, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Wed May 22, 2013 10:53 pm

I worked all day repacking some boxes,(Stuff from the kids house) then taking them down to the barn. I have about 6 to go. I did make it to home depot. I got the rest of my foam and TBII and got a gallon of primer. I cant really start till Sunday. I am still having to move some furniture from the Kids house. The glue will start soon. Pictures to follow!!!

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Mon May 27, 2013 8:41 pm

The pink dust has begun:

107334 This is going to take a while there's got to be a better way .............. :thinking:

107329 The doors and opening

107328 the front curve

did a little today. tired from doing lots of other things. I will work on the back curve tomorrow!!!
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Tue May 28, 2013 6:36 am

Looking GOOD Mary !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue May 28, 2013 8:46 am

Look out the girl has the sawsall out.

Nobody is safe now.

:rofl: :rofl2:

get one of those walls stood so we can see what the profile looks like :snappy:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Oldragbaggers » Tue May 28, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm not sure how, but somehow I missed the fact that you were building a foamie until I saw your pictures of the pink stuff and the saw. You're no doubt saving yourself an aching back. Moving all that heavy plywood around was a $((%##^. I will be following this build with interest. Foamies intrigue me. I'm not sure I would be brave enough to attempt one, but they are very interesting.

What will you be skinning it with??
Becky

Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Go Mary go!! Can't' wait to see it.

Cliff
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Wed May 29, 2013 6:30 am

Just as an indicator ... My wooden TD build absolutely required I hire a helper ($$$) .... My Foamies , I can build all by myself ... pretty much ... 8) Foam is Very “Senior” friendly !!! :thumbsup:

Becky , we’ve said darn near most Everything we can ever think of to say about Foamies ... Many Foamies now built and well travelled ... Well tested and proven , yet facing the general “acceptance".. I’m sure there still many on this forum , and elsewhere , that consider us the “bastard children “ of teardrop and TT trailers ... :o Only time will prove the foamie value ... :roll:

... as for we “foamlings” ... we’ll be camping !!! :D 8) :beer:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Wed May 29, 2013 7:39 am

GPW wrote:Just as an indicator ... My wooden TD build absolutely required I hire a helper ($$$) .... My Foamies , I can build all by myself ... pretty much ... 8) Foam is Very “Senior” friendly !!! :thumbsup:

Becky , we’ve said darn near most Everything we can ever think of to say about Foamies ... Many Foamies now built and well travelled ... Well tested and proven , yet facing the general “acceptance".. I’m sure there still many on this forum , and elsewhere , that consider us the “bastard children “ of teardrop and TT trailers ... :o Only time will prove the foamie value ... :roll:

... as for we “foamlings” ... we’ll be camping !!! :D 8) :beer:

Acceptance?? I certainly didn't mean anything derogatory in my comment. I think it's great, creative, and I find it very interesting. The reason I would be nervous about building one is wood I understand, but with foam I'm not sure I'd trust myself to have all the structural stuff figured out right. And I wasn't very good with my "pink stuff" when I was doing my insulation. I did a horrible job of cutting it, and with my asthma the pink sawdust made me very nervous as it's so much lighter than wood sawdust and seems to fly around in the air a lot longer. I had thought of a sort of semi-foamie that is a layer of foam just sandwiched on both sides with 1/8" luan laminated to it, if I were ever to build again. But I doubt that I will, so any of my creative trailer fantasies will now just live in my head. Our next project will likely be another sailboat rebuild with hopefully a couple of strip plank canoes cooking on the side, and a whole lot of camping in between.

Go foamies.
Becky

Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies