The Big Pink, Foamie !

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: The Big Pink ... 900 lb Fidget

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:23 am

Tac ... you know, it would sure be Nice to see some more Big Pink pictures ... Maybe some more detailed shots for us to drool over ... 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ps. you know how we all love pictures ... Big pictures ... :pictures:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

The Big Pink ... 900 lb Fidget

Postby tac422 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:06 am

Awww... Thank you for all the nice comments.

I'm pretty much done for the year, with Big Pink safely tucked away in the garage for the winter.
we did make a recent addition to the list of installed goodies...(for those early morning needs)

do-do3.jpg
do-do3.jpg (21.03 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
tac422
500 Club

Postby bonnie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:44 pm

tac422 wrote:Awww... Thank you for all the nice comments.

I'm pretty much done for the year, with Big Pink safely tucked away in the garage for the winter.
we did make a recent addition to the list of installed goodies...(for those early morning needs)

do-do3.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Photo shoot! Yea!!!

Mike....
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby GPW » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:14 am

Tac, regarding potties .... you find that type easier to use /maintain than the little commercial units ... ? :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby tac422 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:21 am

Doc,
It's easy clean up. We have several kitchen trash bags with some kitty litter in each one in the bottom of the bucket, and one over the outside.
In the morning, just take the top off, pull out the trash bag and toss it.
A new bag (with kitty litter) is waiting inside the bucket.
tac422
500 Club

Postby GPW » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks Tac, that sure seems EASY (easier than the commercial units ) ... Have to get one of those too ... :thumbsup: 8)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:55 pm

do-do3.jpg

She who must be obeyed would have nothing to do with that. :? :? So I ended up buying a commercial porta potty and though cleaning it isn't the most pleasant task, it's not the worst and it does it's job well. We've purchased a shower tent to set it up in and it ended the need to walk to the restroom with the Mrs. in the middle of the night. Thus proving my belief that "life is a series of compromises". We've also taken to trying to find our camping spot near to the restroom with flushing facilities. Not too close but close enough a solo middle of the night trip. In that case, I don't even need to set up the toilet :applause: :applause:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:45 am

do-do3.jpg

We do the same, only with wood pellets in the bag, no smell, and easy to dump. My wife doesn't like walking to the bathrooms in the dark, this sits in the side tent outside her door.
Of course I use it to sometimes, I never thought I would be climbing over her to get in and out the same door...
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby tac422 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Before .... and after....

123623 from this to this 123716
tac422
500 Club

Postby lrrowe » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:51 pm

rowerwet wrote:

do-do3.jpg

We do the same, only with wood pellets in the bag, no smell, and easy to dump. My wife doesn't like walking to the bathrooms in the dark, this sits in the side tent outside her door.
Of course I use it to sometimes, I never thought I would be climbing over her to get in and out the same door...

Are you talking about the wood pellets used for pellet stoves? For both businesses one can do at the potty?
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:23 pm

I heat my home with wood pellets. They do expand and fall apart when they get wet. I have never tried them in a loo. Yet

:D Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:34 am

Tac, before and after ..... SWEET !!! :applause: :beer:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:49 pm

lrrowe wrote:
rowerwet wrote:

do-do3.jpg

Are you talking about the wood pellets used for pellet stoves? For both businesses one can do at the potty?

Yup, though if you live in warmer climates you might need to look for bedding pellets used for animals. The wood in a pellet is dried to 15-20% moisture, they will absorb plenty of fluid, and another layer of pellets will smother #2 until morning. We have two 5 gallon buckets, one for the potty, with a lid/seat and small trash bag liners, and one with a gama seal lid full of pellets. In the morning we just tie up the bag and toss it.
Wood has natural odor fighters in it, soft wood pellets or bedding pellets are mostly pine, the better to absorb and fight smells.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 pm

I am very interested in buying a bag of pellets just to experiment with them. Would you mind telling me what brand you use and I will look for them. Thanks.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies