ZEPHYR...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: ZEPHYR...

Postby GPW » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 am

The wife finally saw the model and commented : “ What are you making , a new Mail Box ? “ ... :roll:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:32 am

You might want to go with that answer, at least until it is no longer possible to hide the fact that... you are building another camper. :?
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Hmmmm? :thinking: GOOD idea !!! :thumbsup: Tough to explain yet Another Camper ... :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:28 pm

GPW wrote:Hmmmm? :thinking: GOOD idea !!! :thumbsup: Tough to explain yet Another Camper ... :roll:

:lol: :lol:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:40 am

ayup, careful GPW, SWMBO might decree you must 'thin the herd' even further! :shock: :?
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:42 am

She ’s still on me about the all Steel cargo trailer ... Need to do something with that first ... :thinking: Still have the other empty trailer ready for the Zep ... Only 4 trailers in the yard now ... I don’t think that’s excessive ...but she does ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Shar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:30 pm

:lol:
Sheryl
If all these people did it, so can I.
My build thread: Hybrid Foamie in Southern Alberta
Shar
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Cool GPW!
:wine:
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:52 am

Thinking now since nobody wanted the cargo trailer , we’ll pull it under the shed and use it as a storage cabinet for all the wood, paint and just junk clogging up my Studio now ... At least that way it’ll stay in decent shape rather than just sitting out in the yard annoying you know who ... :o
Which then gives me room to pull up the Zep trailer and see what I need to do with that ... :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:55 am

:beer: sounds like a plan. Finding an alternative use for the trailer will help for sure!

Foamstream, Steel, zephyr... what's the 4th again?
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:42 am

Boat trailer , with boat ... still got two wheels ... ;)

The wife knows nothing about the Zep’ ... best stay that way till I get ready to build it ... :roll: This year’s trailer need is already covered by the FoamStream , which is doing fine, sitting out in the driveway , and is now thankfully “Legal” :D ... If we’re all so fortunate as to not have any EVAC needs for it ...(fingers crossed as we approach the peak of the season , Sept 10) ... then , next spring we’ll start the Zep’ build while it’s still cool outside .. I’m learning , no more summer building ... just too darn HOT !!!

The Zep trailer (or the intended one anyway) is the original one that was supposed to be used for the Foamie #1 (now the Nookery) but replaced at the last minute with the HF trailer which worked out much Better ... Looked better too ... The Zep trailer is old galvanized , and needs a bit of touch up before using it , and then with the skirts will be all but hidden underneath the “shuttle craft” ...only the tongue sticking out and needing decorative attention... and it was FREE (so far) ...

Picture Zep trailer ... and the steel
Attachments
Cargo trailer .jpg
Cargo trailer .jpg (203.16 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
Trailer prep.jpg
Trailer prep.jpg (128.97 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 am

I wish I had room for 4 trailers in the backyard. I can't even access my backyard with a trailer... :( :( . If I did, I'd be looking at my next project. I found a classic, vintage 1967 Boles Aero trailer similar to this one.

It's been gutted and ready for a restoration. I know it's not a TTT but I like the vintage trailers of this genre. Built like aircraft. Similar to and a competitor of Airstream's. Hopefully no one else buys it while I try to figure out how and where I could find space to work on and store it. I have a feeling this is all wishful thinking.... :( :( :( . HRH is not keen on the idea. She wants a newer trailer with a slide out. She apparently is ok with poor workmanship at a high price. In the meantime GPW, you go for it!!! And yes dear, it is a mail box. :D :D
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:42 am

Quote: “ She apparently is ok with poor workmanship at a high price. “ You really need to talk some SENSE into her ... :roll: Not isn't it only poor workmanship , but also the cheapest and WORST materials used ... All designed to FAIL very quickly and bumping the High prices even Higher... MUCH Higher (by design) ... :frightened:
In the 2 years we owned a commercial trailer (Jayco) , we spent an additional 6500 USD for repairs on it (while still under warranty ) Which included a roof repair and re caulk (caused by a tiny limb poking a hole through the excuse for a roof ) , directly after which the roof and front window (dry fit) failed and the floor rotted away in several places... The dealer could not explain how it leaked right after his repair , and would not make good or fix the damage caused by it , but volunteered to fix it for even MORE Money :roll: ... (still with no written guarantee of success) The Manufacturer had nothing to do with any of it ... even while it was still under warranty ... They even directed me to their special representative (Troy) who was trained to just say NO , no matter what !!! After the warranty expired they wouldn’t even take my calls ..
I often wonder how these RV executives can sleep at night ... It is a purposeful plan to defraud people who just want to go camping ... It should be Illegal ... !!!

All the reason Foamie' trailers got started in the first place ... True !!!

Big trailer looks Nice ... would be a “project” ...
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby mezmo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi Mel,

Good luck getting the Boles, They're a very classy rig in my opinion -
it's a timeless profile, still looks as good now as when it was first out.
I've always thought redoing a Boles Aero with a nice birchwood or cherrywood
interior would be the best of both worlds - vintage glow inside and timeless
design outside.

Cheers,
Norm/mezmo
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby atahoekid » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:35 pm

I agree a birch interior would be awesome. That would be the plan. Now back to the Zephyr....
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies