Should I sell my Foamie’ ?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Should I sell my Foamie’ ?

Postby GPW » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:30 am

The wife has been on me for many months now to sell , get rid of , move elsewhere , (basically remove from her sight) the little Foamie #1 ... I dunno’ :NC Difficult for me to part with the little trailer we bet so much on ... :( I tell her it’s an ongoing Foamie’ weathering "test” ... she’s not going for that anymore .. :roll:
She says I’m being Selfish for not placing it with someone who could /would actually use it .... she’s thinking EVAC... Now that we have the FS , the little one is more “in her way” .. her expanded Garden planning (not on my plan obviously) ... :roll:

This is ... Difficult !!! :duh:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Re: Should I sell my Foamie’ ?

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:44 am

Why is it that our wives always know whats best for us? Most of the things we like must be in the basement or the garage. You have quite the dilemma there. Do you give up something you love for someone you love? Just remember, if things go bad you still have a place to sleep!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:53 am

Wood, even worse, she wants me to clean up the “Utility” room too ...all my goodies stored there... she even mentioned “recycling” and actually tossing things away ... :frightened: Harsh !!! :O
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:34 am

We must be married to sisters. Years ago my wife kept nagging me to clean out my closet. Notice I said MY closet. She had her own. They were my clothes and I was happy where they hung. Well I got home from work one night and she shows me a mason jar full of buttons. Her comment was, when ever you need an extra button, check in this jar. Well, those were all my buttons. She had gone through my closet and cut the buttons off all my shirts that she did not like. The closet ended up getting cleaned out but I did not like her method. :thumbdown:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby citylights » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 am

Woodbutcher wrote:We must be married to sisters. Years ago my wife kept nagging me to clean out my closet. Notice I said MY closet. She had her own. They were my clothes and I was happy where they hung. Well I got home from work one night and she shows me a mason jar full of buttons. Her comment was, when ever you need an extra button, check in this jar. Well, those were all my buttons. She had gone through my closet and cut the buttons off all my shirts that she did not like. The closet ended up getting cleaned out but I did not like her method. :thumbdown:

Anything I have to say reagarding that would not be suitable for polite company. :(

In fact, now that I have had a minute to think about it... I think a shiny new red convertible sports car would have shown up in my driveway. I would pick the best buttons out of that jar, make a button necklace to hang from the rear view mirror. Forever more the cars name would be buttons. I think I will go for a spin in buttons. I think I will drive buttons to work today. Oh! An ice cream run in buttons! And if anybody ever needed a button, why I think I know where I might be able to find one. :thinking:

And I am dead serious.
Last edited by citylights on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
citylights
500 Club

Postby be_a_jayhawk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:53 am

I tend to find things of mine in the goodwill bag all the time buried underneath the kids old clothes. You should have seen the fit she had one morning when she went in the garage to throw out the trash and saw the trailer frame I had bought for my project!
be_a_jayhawk
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Sometimes think I married the devil’s sister... is your wife so related ? :lol:
The solution to my problem was a building of my own... The Studio(Man cave) where I keep all my ... “stuff” ... But there is still some valuables left inside , like my old Betamax tape collection , with nothing to play it on ... :duh: My 78 rpm record collection, my bottle of rocks, giant roll of bubble wrap, all Good stuff ;) ... No reason to toss any of that eh ? :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 pm

And for you young guys that don’t know any better , that Button trick doesn’t work on them .... Just another excuse for them to go Shopping !!! :frightened: Sometimes there’s just no winning ... :duh:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby tac422 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Doc,
Now that you have the FoamStream, I'd be Ok with selling the little one ...

(but then, I'm a guy with 5 trailers) :thinking:
tac422
500 Club

Postby be_a_jayhawk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:08 pm

I am working on finishing a room in the basement to create a safe haven for my stuff as well. It amazes me that I get 10% of the space but I am the one with too much crap. GPW I agree with your assessment on the shopping you are going to loose that one every time.
be_a_jayhawk
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:11 pm

citylights wrote:
Woodbutcher wrote:We must be married to sisters. Years ago my wife kept nagging me to clean out my closet. Notice I said MY closet. She had her own. They were my clothes and I was happy where they hung. Well I got home from work one night and she shows me a mason jar full of buttons. Her comment was, when ever you need an extra button, check in this jar. Well, those were all my buttons. She had gone through my closet and cut the buttons off all my shirts that she did not like. The closet ended up getting cleaned out but I did not like her method. :thumbdown:

Anything I have to say reagarding that would not be suitable for polite company. :(

In fact, now that I have had a minute to think about it... I think a shiny new red convertible sports car would have shown up in my driveway. I would pick the best buttons out of that jar, make a button necklace to hang from the rear view mirror. Forever more the cars name would be buttons. I think I will go for a spin in buttons. I think I will drive buttons to work today. Oh! An ice cream run in buttons! And if anybody ever needed a button, why I think I know where I might be able to find one. :thinking:

And I am dead serious.

John, it was not as bad as it may have sounded. But to be fair she once did buy a new red convertible back in 1989. I came home from work and there was this red car in the garage. I thought, who parked in my spot in the garage? When I walked into the garage, she was standing off to the side and said "Happy birthday"! We have been married 40 years, so I let the button thing go.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 pm

If you sell your first foamie, then you'll be able to start your third foamie! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby KCStudly » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:38 pm

The thrifty thing to do would be to sell it for a little more than you have into it. Sentimental attachment aside, if you do not ever plan to use it, it makes sense to sell it to someone that will enjoy it (hunting, camping, bug out, etc.).

Now that being said, my wife thinks I have far too many "unfinished projects" hanging around and thinks I should get rid of them, so I know how you feel.
Last edited by KCStudly on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby be_a_jayhawk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:21 pm

I was just telling a friend today the 3 things I need in life are time, money, and WARMER WEATHER!
be_a_jayhawk
Teardrop Master

Postby wagondude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:24 pm

be_a_jayhawk wrote:I was just telling a friend today the 3 things I need in life are time, money, and WARMER WEATHER!

True! And with more snow and cold on the way. Hopefully this will be the last blast of winter. At least it is supposed to be back up to 30* for Tuesday's festivities.

I think I would let the little foamie go if it were me. Now as to the button thing, I am just crazy enough to sew a few of them back on, but I'm not above stirring the pot.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to Foamies