Should I sell my Foamie’ ?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Should I sell my Foamie’ ?

Postby Mary C » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:43 pm

ok, thanks, I have a friend that has two girls 8 and 10 I took to the bowling alley and they cried at the "heavy " bowling balls, they got upset with the shoes they looked soooooooo ugly and for two hours they were so girly, and so silly and were upset that their nails might get hurt. every other minute they had to go to the restroom to check their hair. I was crazy!!! never will I offer to babysit again and I told their mom too. I went with a 10 year old boy and we had a killer time, we complained about the small ketsup, too little fries and laughed when the ball slipped out of our greasy fingers. We laughed at the biker babes dagger tat on her backside when she bowled, ok you would have to been there. and I taught him how to hit the target with the 410 shotgun. I guess I just get along with boys better. I can't walk in heels my weak ankles (from falls when skating at 9 years old) I have always thought I looked like a clown in makeup and just never got the hang of putting it on, I do like to get my nails done and get my hair cut and love a pedi.

About 2 months before W and I got married I set him down and said it was getting too serious so he had to know the truth about me, I had sprained my ankle wearing the heels and my friend told me I looked garrash in make up whatever that meant. We talked I decided I didn't want to start our partnership in a lie. and told him about me. When I was finished I said well? He looked at me and said do you want to change the oil in your car or cook dinner? I will do the other........God how I miss that man!!!!

Mary C. :lady:
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Weather finally improving (spring), tomorrow looks perfect for priming the little Foamie ... supposed to be 80F so the primer will dry nicely ... We’ve been doing a little sanding to remove some small surface imperfections , the primer should smooth things out even more ... Sad to see the Camo job go ... that was fun to paint , and actually a good finish for outdoor wear and tear... :thumbsup: Also removing the window to change to the Al hinge ... That will be nice now without any chance of Rust ... Another long term problem eliminated ... ;)

Oh Darn , it just started raining ... :o ..... grrrrr!!!! :x
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:58 pm

The weather is funny here, I didn't mean to hyjack, Are you talking about selling the camo foamie? is that the one your selling?

Mary C. :lady:
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby atahoekid » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Our weather just turned to crap..... I had planned on taking the Road Foamie out of the garage this weekend and working on a couple of things that I can't get to while it's parked. BUT NOOOOO, the National Weather Service just issued a winter storm warning through the weekend. Didn't anyone tell them that it's spring already?? It had really been looking like spring here in the Sierras and we got spoiled but a few inches of snow the last two days and highs in the mid 30's took care of that... Hope it stays warm for you GPW... Have a beer out there for me, I think I'll be sipping coffee to stay warm :beer: :beer:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 am

Mary , yes , the little one ... it’s getting a new paint job (when it stops raining ) ... Funny , got up early , put on my old ratty paint clothes , and walked outside , into the rain .... :duh:

Mel, looks like the weather is going to be bad for everybody ... April showers... It hasn’t stopped raining since yesterday ... Good for the trees , bad for Foamie painting ... :rainy:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Watched the storms build on top of me yesterday. The first two tornados of the season dropped about an hour east of here.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:38 am

WHOA !!! :o We had a storm go through here last night (this morning actually) ... thought it was a Hurricane :frightened: (sounded like one) ... My yard is now a Lake ... Literally !!! No trailer work today , but at least it washed all the yellow Oak pollen off everything ... now maybe my sinus’s will clear up ... Been sneezing for a week now ... :roll: Oh well. at least it’s Warm ... ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:31 am

Checked the rain guage , and in 24 hours we got almost 10” of rain ... :o Makes me think of building a Foamie Boat ... :frightened:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:42 pm

GPW wrote:Checked the rain guage , and in 24 hours we got almost 10” of rain ... :o Makes me think of building a Foamie Boat ... :frightened:

Was in Arkansas this weekend visiting friends. We got the first part of your storm. Got home to colder weather, but no rain. I'm really ready for some warmer temps and sustained sunshine.

:worship:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Spring is here, it’s just gotta’ get there.... ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies