Should I sell my Foamie’ ?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Should I sell my Foamie’ ?

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:20 pm

(disclaimer) ... Ladies , I must at this time Apologize for all the good -natured Fun we’ve had at your expense!!! You we know we LOVE you all and respect what you’ve done to enrich our lives... ;)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:32 pm

:thumbsup:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:16 pm

Got all my “chores” done :roll: .... was going to wash the foamie’ ... and now it’s raining ... again ... :rainy:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby be_a_jayhawk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Sounds like a free wash to me!
be_a_jayhawk
Teardrop Master

Postby bonnie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:48 pm

GPW wrote:Got all my “chores” done :roll: .... was going to wash the foamie’ ... and now it’s raining ... again ... :rainy:

At least it's not ice and snow. :snowstorm:
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:12 pm

True Dat' !!! (as they say here) The tiny bit of sleet and ice we had here was just Miserable ...traffic/driving for the unaccustomed was a Total Disaster!!! :frightened: ... Now it’s just the rain ... nothing unusual about that around here... :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby PKCSPT » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:43 pm

GPW wrote:(disclaimer) ... Ladies , I must at this time Apologize for all the good -natured Fun we’ve had at your expense!!! You we know we LOVE you all and respect what you’ve done to enrich our lives... ;)

It was fun.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:02 pm

GPW wrote:(disclaimer) ... Ladies , I must at this time Apologize for all the good -natured Fun we’ve had at your expense!!! You we know we LOVE you all and respect what you’ve done to enrich our lives... ;)

Ya know, your banter gave me a lot of chuckles. I am always in awe of those of you in long lived relationships. :applause:
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:07 am

40 years on May 5 ... Only successful because we are equals, partners, best friends, lovers, we both work , have no kids , and I can Cook ...(the cooking part was Important !!! ;) )

Both on our second marriage... :shock:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:37 am

OK, weather is finally getting decent (warm) ... Got Band rehearsal tonight , but tomorrow morning the little Foamie is getting washed and brought into the studio for some little "touch up’s" ... It will be interesting to see how we can now go back (knowing more) and make it even BETTER... 8) Actually , aside from a new paint job , and changes to Al hinges , everything else is fine ... :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:24 pm

I think the biggest questions we had were answered and well proved the concept. I don't think there were a lot of issues that needed correction. You proved the basic concept of the canvas covered foam as a building material, we proved it wouldn't fly off the frame, we proved that is was durable. There's not lots to improve on except for the level of customization that you personally want as a builder/owner. I wouldn't spend lots of time or money beyond what you're doing. It is a very good basic trailer. If thee buyer wants more' they have a great structure to start with.
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:33 pm

I decided I should put in my 2 cents worth, I am different from most women, I was married 26 years to a wonderful man. we never competed, we were proud of each others accomplishments. I would have to argue with him to go buy the tools he needed and would have to schedule him, pack and buy groceries for him to get him to take that fishing trip he had talked about. I would help him and praise him and we worked together raising our sons. He could cook and clean and do any chores. He didn't really like wood work but would support me giving me praise and suggestions and help me. I didn't really like mechanic work but I was supportive and would help him. I was raised with two brothers and lived on the street with all boys and I was the tag along with my brothers. I took pride in learning about all the things boys liked. I learned a lot and never grew out of being somewhat of a "tom boy" but I think I learned a lot more, I learned how men see things and how they operate, I was never girly and hated the girls who giggled and gossiped and plainly they didn't make sense to me. I didn't play games and wanted to be beside a boy not to compete or serve, I was raised in the 50's and 60's, and people didn't just think that way. until I met my husband I didn't think they made a man for me. I have more in common with men because of my hobbies and activities I really don't know how to be girly now. I just don't have the silly hangups , don't discuss make up can't wear heals and would rather go fishing, sleep outside than be in a stinky hotel where all sorts of people have slept in the bed . I don't like bed bugs, and I prefer to eat my own food. I know women are suppose to be squeamish but I'm not. I have killed snakes and played with frogs, when my son was 4 or 5 thought mommy would get scared when he brought in a frog, well I took it up and played with it and showed how to draw a circle and to face off other opponents frogs. my husband laughed silly.
I know that I am different from other women and I was a wife once too. My husband would say he was the luckiest man in the world having me. I am not looking for "another man" I am too old, set in my ways and I don't want to play all the games. I am happy not having to jump through the girly hoops to please a man. Most men expect women to have hoops. I have tried dating and it stinks!!! so I will just be single loving life and doing my thing.

I love the support and valuable insight and suggestions that all of the men and women have given me on this forum I have learned so much and appreciate the differences and different builds. I have been jealous of talent and abilities and sometimes of the wood working tools, I just change my shirt often because of the drooling. :lol:

Now gentlemen about your wifey banter I am glad that you felt you could do so and I support you. I know that there is so much more to a marriage but the junk has to be dispersed somehow so I dont get upset about it, nor am I offended, I just laughed. I wish all of you good luck and warm wishes for your marriage. :wine:

Mary C. :lady:
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby atahoekid » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:23 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well said and as much as I poke playful fun at my wife and as often as she makes me crazy, I still love being married and after 26 years of marriage, I still don't think there's anything I would do to changer her.
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 pm

atahoekid wrote::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well said and as much as I poke playful fun at my wife and as often as she makes me crazy, I still love being married and after 26 years of marriage, I still don't think there's anything I would do to changer her.

:thumbsup:
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby PKCSPT » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Mary C, I am with you about all that girly stuff. I enjoyed your post. My dad always said I would have made a better boy than a girl. I admire women who now how to use that girls stuff (including my daughter) but it makes me sqeamish
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies