Plan drawings, notes in Open Office .PDF

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Plan drawings, notes in Open Office .PDF

Postby Werdahekrwe » Sat May 16, 2015 1:52 am

Got some of my plan ideas for the "Foam Duck" on paper in "Open Office" 4.1.1 X.PDF format with notes. Would like to upload them for comment. However they are in "landscape" rather than "portrait". 1. Can I upload them in Landscape? 2. Will the notes come through OK? 3. The drawing is in color. Is that ok? 4. How do I upload them? I know that is a load of questions, but I have probably forgotten more about using my computer skills at age 70 than most have learned. Especially considering that caring for my DW has become my prime concern and commitment during these last 10 of our 49 years of marriage. She has essential tremors, myesthinia gravis and onset Parkinson's, as well as diabetes. I really hope to get this built so she can enjoy it with me. Any / all help / constructive criticism (well, even less than constructive, if they are nice - I have big shoulders for a guy only 5'-4" tall) is more than welcome. In other words - HELP!!! I think i'm sinking! :? But as Winston Churchill said: "When you are going through Hell, keep on going..." And as he also said: "Never, never, never give up." :worship:

If anyone is interested, I picked up my new HF 4X8 TRAILER, which has 5 lugs and a grease fitting on the spindle The part number is 94564
OOPS. GOTthe first digit wrong. It is a 9 NOT A 6. Sorry.
Last edited by Werdahekrwe on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Always remember: You can't fly with eagles if all you hang around with are turkeys.
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Plan drawings, notes in Open Office .PDF

Postby Fred Trout » Sat May 16, 2015 8:07 am

You could just attach the file and let anybody interested rotate it in their PDF viewer (or image viewer) that needed to but if the file displays properly for you, it will likely do the same for us as well.
Fred Trout
The 300 Club

Postby Werdahekrwe » Sat May 16, 2015 9:02 am

Thanks Fred.
Always remember: You can't fly with eagles if all you hang around with are turkeys.
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Werdahekrwe » Sat May 16, 2015 9:26 pm

Guess my brain has gone into neutral. I seem to have lost where to go to and exactly how to get my "stuff" uploaded. Got my graphics and notes into a .pdf, but can't seem to make things work. :hammer:
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Fred Trout » Sun May 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Easy

1) click on the "Upload Attachment" tab down at the bottom of the "Post Reply" screen.

2) click on the "Choose File" button and pick the file from the file selection window with the "Open" button

3) click on the "Add the file" button then you can Preview or Submit

Done
Attachments
nano_weekender_side_drawing.pdf
(29.17 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Fred Trout
The 300 Club

Postby Werdahekrwe » Sun May 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Thanks Fred. Here goes. Hope it works.
Attached is my .pdf of my ideas for the"Foam Duck".
Attachments
Foam Duck 1.pdf
This is my first try. This board is GREAT.
(47.92 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ghcoe » Sun May 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Worked for me. :thumbsup:
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fred Trout » Sun May 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Download worked fine. Will need to spend some time looking at the details - there is a lot to absorb in the pdf which is all fine and properly oriented :D
Fred Trout
The 300 Club

Postby Werdahekrwe » Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 pm

The avatar is my Dad in front of his fav cab: 1947 Pacard 'Clipper' deluxe. His reward for driving from 1941 through 1946 without a scratch on a 1940 Chevy :applause: He talked often about it
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Werdahekrwe » Wed May 27, 2015 1:14 pm

I know it is dangeruos but I have been thinking (again :D ). Might be better to move the propane tank and electrical system to the storage spaces over the wheel wells and put the spare in the nose "cone". Would only need to raise and slightly enlarge the bottom compartment for the tank. Also I think I have the "dutch door problem solved by using a 10" dropped step to at least a 5' door. I could then put 2 5" steps inside the door so DW won't have problems. Ideas, comments etc., are welcome. Man my brain is hurting (I think it is my brain - it if hasn't shrunk from age 8) ).
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Werdahekrwe » Sun May 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Thinking again :twisted: Anybody out there use "residential" windows? If so, did they work ok? May have a shot at getting a couple of 18x36 sliders, with double pane windows, and vinyl frames, for a good price. Any and all input welcome. Thanks in advance.
Thinking is makin' my head hirt at this age. :)
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Fred Trout » Sun May 31, 2015 10:20 pm

I am using one residential thermal-pane slider window. You can read and see the install in my thread with discussion of the issues. You can also get shed windows inexpensively on E-bay. Many folks re-use RV windows from wrecking yards.
Fred Trout
The 300 Club

Postby Werdahekrwe » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Gonna check about windows from wrecking yards - sounds good. Just struck paydirt for cloth from one of the largest hospitals (has four campuses) east of the Mississippi. Laundry manager said just call, and I can have all the "old sheets and blankets" I want. Woo-hoo!!!!! Not that I am cheap, but I keep USED motor oil handy for the squeaks in the old joints :lol: :thumbsup: No, but, I really did get the OK for the sheets, etc. :twisted:
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GPW » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:57 am

Good Find on the sheets and blankets !!! :applause:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Werdahekrwe » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:11 am

Guess the DW having to have heart surgery worked out for the best 2 ways: going home today, with a triple bypass, done by one of the best cardiac surgeons in the state, and I found the sheets and blankets. :applause:
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to Foamies