Ultra Light Foamie Weekender (sleep Platform)

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Ultra Light Foamie Weekender (sleep Platform)

Postby Ned B » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:33 pm

Hit a financial bump , still planning on the build though. Anyone wanna buy a Buick?Image.

;)
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:40 am

Hang in there Ned ... ;) :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:59 am

GPW wrote:Hang in there Ned ... ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, I am, just want to get building
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ned B » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:46 pm

I'm going to try and get at least the hitch and trailer purchased, assembled and on the road by mid May. Hoping to get the walls cut, etc... and basic campable by memorial day, but we shall see. Work just announced a schedule change, and I'll have more days off per month starting may 2nd.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Ultra Light Foamie Kenskill (sleep Platform)

Postby Ned B » Thu May 05, 2016 11:38 pm

kenskill front new.jpg
kenskill front new.jpg (169.4 KiB) Viewed 1816 times

Well, not much 'moving' and my new schedule kicked my butt this week 63 hrs since last saturday through wednesday. ugh. (transition from old schedule (ended sunday) to the 'long' side of my new split weekend schedule) I have a three day weekend this week, work three, then off four days next week. I took it easy today, then had a lacrosse game for pat, the last one of the season I could go to. We won, :applause: he was in goal the entire game and had several good saves.

rear iso.jpg
rear iso.jpg (121.49 KiB) Viewed 1816 times

anyway, tonight, I threw together the kenskill in foam, my version, since Mike showed just how easy it is to bend foam. I think I'm going to try a curved foamie, not a weekender.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ned B » Sat May 07, 2016 6:06 pm

I was at HF today, and verified that they had the 1195 lb trailer in stock. (5 of them in fact). I saw another option, the 890 lb 4x8 one, which would be plenty for my use, both of those use the lighter weight axle that I can see...

I was buying the LOML a wagon for the grandkids to play in when they're in town, which will be more frequent. Our eldest and his family are moving from almost 2 hrs away, to 20 minutes, so I predict the grand-daughters will be here a LOT more often starting in July.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ned B » Fri May 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Well the new schedule means I am pretty much dead tired when I leave work... Three or four straight 13.5 hr days will do that. I'm in Virginia today, after a nice easy day trip down on Wednesday.
That means I need to put the battery in before I was planning on, so I can run a fan if I'm parked mid trip during the day.

Not a big deal, but I'm looking at later June for my build, if not July .
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ned B » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:59 pm

June got busy, then July happened, including a trip with Lori for our ten year anniversary. Image we saw the Blue Man Group...

Mid trip she said she wanted a small trailer that she & Pat could use. So I'm going to push the trailer through.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:51 am

Happy Anniversary !!! :thumbsup: :applause:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:24 am

Man... don't blink...

I'm alive and well... getting better actually! After several years of being a stubborn I'm fine sort of person, Lori finally got me to the Dr's. I'm happy to report that I'm losing weight, my BP is down & my sleep apnea is being addressed.

On the trailer front my goal is to warm up the shop & get the wooden bits all cut in February, and built by April. We've had a mildish winter, but still a lot of it to come I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:40 am

Glad to hear from you !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:31 am

On an interesting note, the Prius has 207,000 miles on it now. while it is going strong, I've planned out my next car; a Ford C-Max Energi PHeV Image
I'm aiming at a used one, and I just found out that for my particular usage, traveling to see my folks' house, it has a great feature; a 110 outlet. I'll be able to run an extension cord to the car and power my new c-pap when I take a break for a couple of hours!
The C-Max Energi has enough EV range that it can drive up to 30 miles on electric only, and yet also has more pep when in hybrid mode than the Prius, plus 500-600 mile range on a tank of gas. I'm lucky to get 400 out of a fill in the Prius, due to a smaller gas tank.

Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ned B » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:47 am

I've been seriously geeking out on the Cmax... turns out the outlet only works for half an hour after the car shuts down... so back to plan A and a minimal battery set up.

I test drove the car the other day, really great performance for a hybrid, handles like a sports car compared to the Prius. I'm hanging on to the Prius for my son, and we will be a three hybrid family.

There is a receiver hitch available and wiring kit for towing, many CMax Energi owners Buy a hitch mounted cargo box, the larger battery pack takes up a couple of cubic feet from the cargo area in the car. I think it's a fair trade, and other than losing a flat cargo floor it doesn't take up that much space.

The car has a bunch of high-tech gizmos in it, and since it will be plugged in for charging every night, I will be able to set a time for one I will be leaving for work etc. and the car will precondition to either heat or cool for the commute in to work!

It also has full Bluetooth, both phone hands-free operation and I can stream music, etc. to the stereo is well without a USB or aux-in. Of course it will still need a USB for power for longer trips.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:02 am

That sounds great !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:16 am

ImageImageImageImage

Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies