Pop-up foamie for Cross-Canada trip

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Pop-up foamie for Cross-Canada trip

Postby Nodrog » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:38 pm

delete
Last edited by Nodrog on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nodrog
Teardrop Master

Postby dancam » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Nodrog wrote:WoW!!! Wife and I just watched the whole video! Totally amazing, beautiful scenery, quite a road! Did you make it home on the same engine, and were you pouring in a lot of oil? Completely miraculous journey altogether, maybe some day you can fill in the blank spots, maybe a few thousand km of journey....anyway, glad you all survived and even had fun!! Hard to find words to express our wonder at the whole undertaking, not many folks will attempt something like your trip, esp. with a small car and a large trailer!!

What future trips have you explorers in the works?

All our best to you and the family...Nodrog

Glad you enoyed it! sorry for not being back on here sooner. I did end up making 2 mistakes trying to tinker with the motor to make it better.... which wrecked it. If I had left it alone it would have been fine. Oh well. We made it home on the same motor but I did replace it when we got home. It was a great trip! I wish more people would do something like it :)
No big future plans right now. I had a goal of driving this setup (modified some) to Tuktoyaktuk in the winter with the family to check out the northern lights. But thats a huge deal and likely wont happen. Dawson City to Tuc would be fine I think But the drive from Edmonton to Dawson would be pretty sketchy with the trailer in the winter. Next month were going to a car show/meet with the trailer and probably camping 3 days in it but thats it so far.
dancam
500 Club

Postby dancam » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:37 pm

It has been a long time but here is the next blog post! This was the day that ulie placed 11th in the international gold panning competition in Dawson City! We got to see a gold bar being poured and it was the last day our youngest son was without a scar on his forehead...
https://prinsfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/2019/07/first-day-in-dawson-city-gold-panning.html?m=1
I can't seem to add photos right now, sorry.
dancam
500 Club

Postby dancam » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:39 pm

last weekend we went camping in Kananaskis and we hosted a car meet down there. That area sure is nice! We drove all of highway 40 for the first time and went over the highest paved pass in Canada which was pretty cool. The scenery down highway 40 is amazing but I hardly got any photos. Here are a few of our camping trip. It was fairly cold and wet, but it didnt rain much during the car meet! I got a copy of the Calgary Herald where they ran a half page article about the foamie, tnttt.com, our trip last summer and the car meet. We had people from Alberta, saskatchewan and California drive out for the meet which was cool, we had fun, the kids had fun, everyone had a good time and I got 11.5 Km/Litre pulling the trailer over the 1000km or so that we drove. We had to do some quick repairs to the foamie before we left but it held up. This was the first time we I have had the camper outbor even looked at it since we got back last summer. there were almost no mosquitos at Mt. Kidd rv park where we stayed so that was awesome!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
dancam
500 Club

Postby Tyrtill » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Congratulations on the press. Maybe in the future we can have a foamy popup meetup.
Tyrtill
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dancam » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:46 pm

Tyrtill wrote:Congratulations on the press. Maybe in the future we can have a foamy popup meetup.

Thanks!
Sure, where are you from? I am not sure that there are very many around here :)

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
dancam
500 Club

Postby catsmith » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:48 pm

Your family is proof positive that where there is a will, there is a way. Well done.
catsmith
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Foamies