Titebond II or III?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Titebond II or III?

Postby Tempest » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Informative explanations by all! Curious as to the two layers of 18oz canvas? Just to make darn sure it is bulletproof?
Tempest
Teardrop Builder

Postby GPW » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:49 am

Tem , those were pieces that overlapped on the roof ... ;) But it was pretty bullet proof ... No Fun to cut , Had to make several passes with the new blade ... Seeing how the little Foamie #1 went through that bad hailstorm and survived so well ( thinner linen canvas) , I think the hail would just bounce off this one , unless it was really big hail , and then it would only dent ... ( theoretically)
But then again the Mighty must bow to the miniscule as the ants didn’t have any problem eating holes in this thick skin... :o
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby steepski » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:40 am

Well there are plenty of ways a person can do it. Which one is the best? I don't know. All I know is what worked for my build and it worked well. No one really has a set way to do it, although I am thinking of cleaning up my posts and submitting them as a "how to" in a separate thread. I think my explanation is one of only a few that has step by step information. Problem is that it is buried in my build.

If interested outside canvas covering starts here.
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54099&start=405
Interior info starts here.
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54099&start=600

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't seen those pages on your build before. Great explanation!
steepski
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Foamies