R MAX thermasheath -3

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

R MAX thermasheath -3

Postby steinbachbyuma » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:28 am

down in Yuma AZ and I'm having a difficult time finding the suggested XPS in any size other than 1" i do see R MAX thermasheath -3 which is a foil covered 2" ridged foam for $34 at HD. Question 1. Is PMF an option on the R-max? or I if i was to use that I would have to go with Plywood skin(0.19" burch $15 a sheet) and R-Max core? Making a 4'*8' Wall about $65 plus coatings. I'm assuming that you can glue two of the 1" XPS (about $15 each) use the wall paper removal tool and tightbond II and "Go to town"... I would welcome any advice.. Still way early in planing/dreaming..I don't even know what my wife's needs are at this time..I just know that she wants to travel.. I was an over the road driver (48 states) and know a TD Foamie would meet my needs, but she may require more than than.. figure I would start he off tent camping and then "Have the Talk".
Question 2. How far would I have to go to find XPS in 2"? Is there a better time of year to find it? or am I looking at shopping in higher elevations (Flagstaff= 7hr= camping trip with trailer to have room to bring foam home..lol)
steinbachbyuma
Teardrop Inspector

Re: R MAX thermasheath -3

Postby Don L. » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Insulation suppliers , roofing suppliers and concrete guys use it, try them and ask around, even craigslist.
HD might special order it too, include it with their regular delivery so that you don't have to pay extra for shipping
Link to my foamie camper build viewtopic.php?f=55&t=67321
instagram #don_leister_violin.rva
Don L.
Teardrop Master

Postby steinbachbyuma » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:08 am

That's good advise, Thank you Don. I got the "Seed Planted" I asked my wife if she would like to go camping, She jumped on the idea!! I asked her what her requirements were, Creek or River, Showers, fire pit and things to do. I told her I would make that happen. I chose Dead Horse Ranch..a state park in Cottonwood. I reserved a tent spot for the weekend before 4th of July. I plan on it being around 95-100 degrees, but its already over 100 in Yuma..AKA 10' above hell..
steinbachbyuma
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Redneck Packrat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:31 pm

steinbachbyuma wrote:... I reserved a tent spot for the weekend before 4th of July...

So how'd it go?
Bill
Texas Gulf coast, near Corpus

Working on this, started 5/2017: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=68614

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield :?
Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Return to Foamies