A Tiny Travel Trailer for a Family of Four

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: A Tiny Travel Trailer for a Family of Four

Postby GPW » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:09 am

COOL !!! 8) :thumbsup:

Do you guys really drive 85 mph ??? :o
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby OP827 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Great camper, trip and story, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
OP827
Donating Member

Postby Ottsville » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Did your water system develop leaks while on city water? Did you use a pressure regulator?
Ottsville
The 300 Club

Postby Bruue1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Hello Ottsville,

Yes it developed leaks while on city water. I did not use a pressure regulator. I am sure one would have prevented the leaks. I have never seen one set up on any of my previous campers. On my previous campers I always plumbed them with PEX tubing. I never had a problem with PEX. I am going to redo these few little lines with PEX. I'll still have irrigation tubing coming off the water pump as the pump has barbs but I'll run that into a barb to pex adapter piece, then I'll put a ball valve in the PEX line in place of a one way check valve. I also had a cheap plastic one way check valve fail on this trip accounting for one of the earlier drips I mentioned. Anyways, the ball valve should isolate any high pressure water from the irrigation tubing. I'll just have to open and close it when switching between the water tank and the city water. I have plumbed other campers this way and have never had a problem.

I hope this helps answer any questions about it. Also not all "city water" pressure is the same from campground to campground. When I blew the line off I had a hydrant open full. I didn't even think about it. If I had only opened it half way I would have had more than enough pressure and probably wouldn't have blown that line. The PEX will hold it regardless.
Stumpy, Lefty and One Eye all agree: experience is the best teacher.
Bruue1
Teardrop Master

Postby Ottsville » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Bruue1 wrote:Hello Ottsville,

Yes it developed leaks while on city water. I did not use a pressure regulator. I am sure one would have prevented the leaks. I have never seen one set up on any of my previous campers.

Also not all "city water" pressure is the same from campground to campground. When I blew the line off I had a hydrant open full. I didn't even think about it. If I had only opened it half way I would have had more than enough pressure and probably wouldn't have blown that line. The PEX will hold it regardless.

I keep one of these attached to my water supply hose. Even with PEX, it's cheap insurance.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produ ... XgEALw_wcB
Ottsville
The 300 Club

Postby Bruue1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:29 pm

I really didn't know those were available and relatively cheap too. Thank you. I will be grabbing one.
Bruue1
Teardrop Master

Postby Bruue1 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:18 pm

Hello!

Been a while. I've been out living life instead of eating penance to the idea of building a camper.

I did straighten the bend in the frame from the flat tire, fixed the water line and invested in a $10 inline water pressure regulator! LOL Everything works like a charm. Ready to go again.

Here is a link to the camper build slideshow on you tube! In case anybody wants to see all these pics fly by real fast to some annoyingly catchy and repetitive musical creation of my own. It does include a few pics of my family and of the camper out on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhGToySwcYg

We'll be posting our West Coast Road Trip Slideshow You Tube Version too, but that will take a little longer. My wife is the photographer and she has the final say on each picture.

Happy Wife No Strife! :applause: :D

Hope you're all doing well. Peace!
Bruue1
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:00 am

Bru, Thanks for the Video !!! You did a super job on the trailer !!! 8) :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby iristhomas1299 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:01 am

Steps to install a caravan stabilizer bar. Step #1: Install the hitch sway control ball. Step #2 - Mark the location of the trailer's wobble ball holes. Step #3: Drill pilot holes in the frame. Step #4: Secure the trailer swing ball in place.Step #5: Attach the Stabilizer Unit. https://www.rvhometown.com/install-a-tr ... -sway-bar/
iristhomas1299
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Foamies