Show me your foamie cabinets

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Show me your foamie cabinets

Postby jimbo69ny » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 pm

I am in the middle of my build and I am wondering what other foamie builders have done for cabinets. I would love to see your photos!

I am planning on making my cabinets and countertop out of foam and wrapping them in fiberglass. Wood would be so much easier but I am fighting the urge to go with wood.

Here is my kitchen so far.
https://youtu.be/iCinPwATGQU
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Re: Show me your foamie cabinets

Postby Nodrog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 pm

Hey! Here's a little cabinet above our fridge, it is foam covered both sides with glued on muslin (light cotton). I might line the shelves with that corrugated plastic stuff, whatever you call it. But with the fabric glued on then coated with squeegeed glue before paint,they feel pretty substantial. I wouldn't beat them too hard, though! I'll post another pic or 2 tomorrow with some foam door things, like a little closet door. Image click to big

Whaddya think?? Nodrog
Nodrog
Teardrop Master

Re: Show me your foamie cabinets

Postby Bob Hammond » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:34 pm

I"m a little late to the party, but mine are built from recycled wine crates. I paid $5 each for them, and bought some extras to make trim and drawers, etc.
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-07-06 at 7.06.58 PM - Edited.png
The lower left panel hides the microwave, and is hung on keyhole hanger hardware, and it comes off for use as a cutting board.
Screenshot 2019-07-06 at 7.06.58 PM - Edited.png (494.23 KiB) Viewed 858 times
Curator
Museum of Unfinished Projects
Bob Hammond
Teardrop Master

Return to Foamies