Foamie no. 4

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Foamie no. 4

Postby robhwashington » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:23 pm

Getting ready to start foamie build number 4. I am using a 2008 Toyota Yaris as a tow vehicle so am going to keep my build under 400 lbs (including the trailer and mattress). This is going to be a 4' x 7' all foam no wood build. (I will bolt 1/2" plywood to the trailer and bolt the teardrop on top of it so if the wood goes bad I can easily change it). Gonna be real simple, one small foam cabinet inside and a bed. Will be built to very strick "squint" standards (you stand back, squint your eyes and say "lookin good!"). My 2 5x8's weighed 550 lbs (empty), so I should make the weight limit pretty easy. Allready have the door that I took off of the truck camper and hope to start building in the next week or two. We still have snow on the ground so I am going to start cutting, shaping, and skinning the pieces. Then I hope to put it together like a puzzle when it warms up a little.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
robhwashington
Teardrop Builder

Re: Foamie no. 4

Postby EZ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:23 am

This will be a fun build to watch!

Your first graphic looks like the rear hatch of the Yaris was closed on someone......... :) I wish I knew how to do that on my computer; all of my visions of the finished product are in my head.
EZ
Donating Member

Re: Foamie no. 4

Postby ghcoe » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Building on a HF 4'x4'?
I built my #2 on a HF type trailer. The 4'x8' HF trailers weight 253lbs.. My total dry weight was 372lbs. so you should easily come in under 400lbs. since the 4'x4' trailers weigh only 151lbs. Lots of freeboard there... :thumbsup:
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Foamies