Canvas Sourcing

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Canvas Sourcing

Postby Shirestone » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:07 am

I live in Ontario Canada.
Can anyone tell me where to source "seamless" canvas.
I understand you can get it in the States but was wondering if there is something a little more convenient for me so I don't have to deal with exchange and crazy shipping fees.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers. :beer:
I'm not an Engineer...I just play one on TV.
Shirestone
Teardrop Builder

Re: Canvas Sourcing

Postby QueticoBill » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Assuming not wanting drop cloths from psint supply stores, you might check theatre supply places like Ontario Staging Limited in East York or Theatre House in Stratford. I found better prices at the theatre supply places in US when shopping. Any connection to colleges that have theatre departments might lead you in right direction.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby swoody126 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:33 pm

i found some larger seamless pieces on Amazon some time back

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Postby TimC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:09 pm

swoody126 wrote:i found some larger seamless pieces on Amazon some time back

sw

Just searched Big Duck Canvas" on amazon.ca and came up with a few sizes that claim to be seamless. Was hoping that Big Duck would be established in the great white north via amazon.ca, but no hits in the search for them.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby YannG » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:16 pm

I know it's not easy to find. I am in Gatineau. If I find something I will let you know. How long you need approx?
YannG
Teardrop Advisor

Postby YannG » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:52 pm

I was outside today and I saw a roll of fabric in my neighbor's backyard. I asked him what it was and he said that it was cotton canvas. I basically asked him if he could sell some to me and gave me the whole thing. It is 60 inch wide so I will try it with my foamie project. His business use it to wrap water pipes. You probably remember those pipes that almost look like they are in a cast. That's what it is. Now I am not sure if it is as good as duck cloth as I don't think it is as thick. Those pipe insulation companies might be a place to look as a canvas source.
YannG
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Shirestone » Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 am

Thanks for all the help.
I ending up sourcing some 9 x 12 from home depot. It has some seams but I have cut them out and worked around them.
For the larger single sheet I needed I sourced it from amazon.com. Nothing was available in Canada that I could find.

Thanks. :beer:
I'm not an Engineer...I just play one on TV.
Shirestone
Teardrop Builder

Return to Foamies