opinions on my art deco fender...

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Postby Juneaudave » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:41 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Dave,
1/4" ply is way faster for this slow builder and this thing must be at least towable and usable in time for the 14th Dam. :o
Oh no... You had a fender disater???? :(
Another good thing about going with the ply instead of canoe stripping, is I'll be able to get it done faster and won't have more time to change my mind anymore than I have already... Other big change: nixed half of the dinette. (Rear section) That area is now gonna have a cabinet above the bed and the table has changed bigtime. It's now smaller and will tuck under the rear cabinet on slides when stowed... no more pedastal.

Hey... The accent stripe will still tie the Redird and the Chieftain together.

I know what you mean about the speed of building this thing...especially with the bead/cove vrs ply (and I'm feeling the pressure to step it up because of a possible, maybe, potential, move to the outside [personal issue, not relavant]). On the one hand...I've got this vision of what I want and really enjoy just fussing with the woodworking and making each cut just so...on the other hand, I really ought to get it done. BTW...I the Redbird and Chieftain will look great together. I'm thinking a yellow cedar accent with Thule carriers to accomodate the Bob's Special. Decisions, decisions decisions...Juneaudave
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:39 am

Top is my preference, but build what you like.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:05 am

bledsoe3 wrote:Top is my preference, but build what you like.

Dean, I have to disagree with the above quote. You asked the question, now get to work and build it the way we want it. :rofl:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:09 pm

Yes Sir Captain!...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Previous

Return to User Polls