WIFI

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

I look for a campground that offers WIFI

Poll ended at Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:15 pm

I look for a c/g that has plug in internet
23%
What is WIFI
9%
Why bother
46%
IBM
14%
Apple
9%

Total votes : 35

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:49 am

The Topic poll was:

I look for a campground that offers WIFI

I look for a c/g that has plug in internet 25% [ 6 ]
What is WIFI 12% [ 3 ]
Why bother 41% [ 10 ]
IBM 12% [ 3 ]
Apple 8% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 24

There are very few answers that don't deal with one of the questions. Most that don't happened after the polester left the playing field. Perhaps a differently posed question might be oriented around a discussion of capabilities and campgrounds in an area that offer the service.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby dwgriff1 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:08 pm

Out of the membership of 8 million, this is a very small sampling.

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Re: I'm Done

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:19 pm

BnTRanch wrote:Thanks for all the "politeness "I have been shown. I am leaving this group
cya on the road....

Don't feel so lonesome. I take my laptop when I go teardroppin' because I have been taking "on line" classes to finish my college education. I look for "Hot Spots" and have a wi-fi-finder with me. Three more to go -I'll be done by April:thumbsup:

Everyone has different needs and uses for the computer and for camping.
I personally like the technolgy and consider it part of nature. Believe me if A/C and laptops, XM radio and DVD players had been around when teardrops were first developed, there would have been many people who would have all the gadgets and then there would be some who just want to get away from it all. Nothing wrong with either one.
Don't feel offended by opposing views, they are only opinions and you can still have your own.
Enjoy your camping doing what makes you happy. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:18 pm

...A couple of thoughts...
...anyone who gets offended by anything Gage has to say, hasn't been here long enough or read enough to realize......

...to all newbies...if you ask a queation or post a poll(newbie or not) be prepared for all sorts of answers...many, if not most may not pertain to the original question...it is the posters responsibility to keep hi-jacked posts straitened out...

...as a 2million mile trucker(about half pulling tankers with HazMat)...there is definitely a hierarchy to the trucking world with tanker yankers being on top followed by garbage haulers(refer trailers) and then general commodities haulers(box trailers)...severe HazMat (explosives/nuclear) actually top the list but they are generally nuts and don't count on this list...skateboarders(flatbeds, 2nd biggest chunk of my driving experience) and bedbuggers(housegold goods) fall into their own category and are generally avoided by other truckers...the best paying trucking jobs are probably portable parking lots(car haulers) and the guys hauling display/products for trade shows...these are not just my opinions but are based on experience requirements and pay for those jobs...
madjack 8)

P.S. BnT...put your thick skin on and come on back...we expect to receive as good as we give.......MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Leon » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:57 pm

When I looked at this poll I didn't see a response that answered the title of the poll -

Poll: I look for a campground that offers WIFI

I look for a c/g that has plug in internet
What is WIFI
Why bother
IBM
Apple

The title "I look for a campground that offers WIFI" should have an answer that includes the option of WIFI at a campground. The first choice of plug in is not. If a person's response is to look for WIFI, then what answer do you select????
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:28 pm

madjack wrote:...as a 2million mile trucker(about half pulling tankers with HazMat)...there is definitely a hierarchy to the trucking world with tanker yankers being on top followed by garbage haulers(refer trailers) and then general commodities haulers(box trailers)...severe HazMat (explosives/nuclear) actually top the list but they are generally nuts and don't count on this list...skateboarders(flatbeds, 2nd biggest chunk of my driving experience) and bedbuggers(housegold goods) fall into their own category and are generally avoided by other truckers...the best paying trucking jobs are probably portable parking lots(car haulers) and the guys hauling display/products for trade shows...these are not just my opinions but are based on experience requirements and pay for those jobs...
madjack 8)

Dump truck drivers have to be pretty low on the totem pole.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:31 pm

dwgriff1 wrote:I rarely go away without my iBook. I can write on a computer a LOT faster than I can write by hand, and I do both.

heh heh being able to read it afterwards is a big bonus for me. Composing on the computer is much easier for me. You can type whatever comes to mind then edit it once you have it down.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:36 pm

asianflava wrote:
madjack wrote:...as a 2million mile trucker(about half pulling tankers with HazMat)...there is definitely a hierarchy to the trucking world with tanker yankers being on top followed by garbage haulers(refer trailers) and then general commodities haulers(box trailers)...severe HazMat (explosives/nuclear) actually top the list but they are generally nuts and don't count on this list...skateboarders(flatbeds, 2nd biggest chunk of my driving experience) and bedbuggers(housegold goods) fall into their own category and are generally avoided by other truckers...the best paying trucking jobs are probably portable parking lots(car haulers) and the guys hauling display/products for trade shows...these are not just my opinions but are based on experience requirements and pay for those jobs...
madjack 8)

Dump truck drivers have to be pretty low on the totem pole.

...Rocky, those guys are considered local yokels and not on the above list at all...poll any trucker and you will probably get a different take on the above list...dependent on what they haul.........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Sonetpro » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi I am Steve and I have a internet problem.

I don't look for WIFI I bring it with me. I have a wireless broadband for my laptop and am on most of the time. I have yet to be where it doesn't work. It even worked at LCG.
I have to have my fix. :lol: :lol:
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby PaulC » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Sonetpro wrote:Hi I am Steve and I have a internet problem.

I don't look for WIFI I bring it with me. I have a wireless broadband for my laptop and am on most of the time. I have yet to be where it doesn't work. It even worked at LCG.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And I thought us offroaders where a tough bunch :lol:

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:51 pm

I think MJ has his list upside down ( hope Gage don't find out MJ drove tankers) As for driver pay the best I made was O/D loads over 100,000lbs. on some of the loads the driver pay was over $1.00 a mile. (some one else owned the truck.) two pilot cars,one with a pole, two police cars, and you could just set back in the rockin' chair. I don't think we really should do this on this very HiJacked thread. Sorry :roll: :oops: Jim G
had to update decimal point wrong
Last edited by MOKI SEAKER on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:56 pm

...your right MOKI, some of the best mileage pay I ever got was on permit loads...easy work too...no trip planning, it's done for ya...no driving at night...no driving on weekends(usually) or holidays.....................
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:54 pm

Sonetpro wrote:Hi I am Steve and I have a internet problem.

I garrranteeeeee it won't work at the IRG. :lol:
(Trees; 2 many & 2 big)
I'm sorry to hear that someone got pissed and stomped off... :(
I thought we were all havin' fun here. :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby dwgriff1 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:01 pm

I am sure we all have gotten ticked off a few times, and rested out a while.

Some never come back. Which is too bad, they might have had some real good information.

We all need to be a bit careful what we say, someone might be listening.

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:44 pm

Hell, I didn't start ribbing him until after he sent me a couple of PM's that weren't called for. Oh, and Madjack. I was referring to the short haul tanker drivers. You know the ones that pull doubles filled with crud or gas through the big cities and see how many round trips they can make between point A & B in a day.

This was a poll, not a question up for discussion. So when I voted, I gave the reason why and asked him a question for which he got all hot and bothered with. I still say he needs to sale his new Camp-inn and buy a large Motorhome. His 'better than tho' attitude would be more at home.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls