What name did you give your trailer and why

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

List under poll your trailer name and why you called it that

The name just came to me.
45%
It is one of my fravorite words
4%
someone else named it.
9%
what is in a name it is just a trailer
5%
it was something out of my childhood
4%
a family name or word
6%
it told me ( don't tell anyone)
10%
it is a long story .....
8%
don't ask and I will not tell.
2%
The Kids named it.
2%
I do not know .... Sorry....
7%

Total votes : 192

Postby BPFox » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:22 pm

I posted the name on the other thread about names. Mine will be called "Weekend at Bernie's". What I did not post is the reason, so I will put it here. First of all, my name is Bernie. I have spend quite a few years as a Boy Scout leader with much of that time spend training new adult leaders. I build a trailer just to haul my training stuff around. Most of the training takes place outdoors so I have dining flies, knot boards, craft materials, you name it, that needs to be hauled up and back for these trainings. Most folks just pack the car and then un-pack the car. I got tired of doing that so I built a trailer to haul it around in. Well what tends to happen with more space is you bring more stuff. Then you start adding stuff like my cast iron cookware. 4 frying pans, 3 dutch ovens, above ground fire pits and on and on and on. Before long, my Scouting friends started calling my site "Weekend at Bernie's". A few years back, while moving my daughter to Michigan State, the axle broke on my way down on that good old trailer. Stranded by the side of the road with all her belongings inside, I dropped the trailer off the tow vehicle and drove to the nearest city that had a Lowes and baught a brand new 5x8 enclosed trailer. Drove back to where the old trailer was and transfered the goods so I could continue the trip. The next day I drove down with my equipment trailer which is equipped with a winch and brought the broken trailer home. I now plan to use the frame from that old trailer as part of my new TTT so it seems only fitting to call it "Weekend at Bernie's".
BPFox
Teardrop Master

Postby FireLion » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:06 pm

"The Lion's den" and the theme is "Welcome to the jungle".
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby Sparksalot » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Well, it took a while.

My first thought was "Rum Locker". Kinda cool, and definitely nautical. It just wasn't very technical.

Then She spoke up. She pretty much named herself.
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

name of our teardrop

Postby zbrownmd » Mon May 05, 2008 11:48 am

My husband started calling ours "The Runt " before we even picked it up!
It seems appropriate as it is so much smaller than those whale rv's out there. Besides the runt of the litter is always grateful to be taken home and gives back lot's of love.

"The Runt" has stuck and we won't try to change it's name now.
zbrownmd
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joshua » Mon May 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Even though we haven't put glue to wood yet, we decided we needed a name. I gave the wife this project almost a year ago without results as of yet. She did come up with "lil' bear" after our son's nickname. However, since that is already being used, I decided to use a play on words of our last name and the trailer's use.

I like to hike and camp out in the wilderness. While my wife and son enjoy the outdoors as well, they need a little more accomodations than a sleeping bag and backpack. So, since our name is the Buffington's. We hereby name her "The Buffer Zone". This will give the wife and son a place to retreat from all of that "outdoors" when they have had enough. But who could really get enough?
-Joshua
Joshua
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rmclarke » Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 pm

I'm not completely decided about it yet, but I'm thinking of 'SunHopper' - since it's kind of a hybrid Grasshopper/Sunspot design.

My wife thought she was being funny and said, "Why don't you name it Clem Ka-diddle Hopper (for those of you who remember Red Skelton). I didn't laugh, but it got me to thinking outside the box here....hmmm....maybe I'll call it 'Dennis'........Hopper :thinking: :lol:

Richard
"When a hammer is the only tool you own, every problem begins to look like a nail..."

ImageFrom this: Image to this: Image Finally!!
rmclarke
The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue May 13, 2008 8:12 am

After camping this weekend, my teardrop finally has a name. "Too Much Fun"
Anyone remember that old Commander Cody song by that name from the 70's?
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue May 13, 2008 9:38 am

Steve_Cox wrote:After camping this weekend, my teardrop finally has a name. "Too Much Fun"

" No such thing as havin" too much fun "

Armadillo stomp album

Armadillo stomp
down to seeds and stems again
Hot rod Lincoln
What were the others ???

Found an LP of his 2 weeks ago at a yard sale and snatched it up !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue May 13, 2008 12:06 pm

bobhenry wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:After camping this weekend, my teardrop finally has a name. "Too Much Fun"

" No such thing as havin" too much fun "

Armadillo stomp album

Armadillo stomp
down to seeds and stems again
Hot rod Lincoln
What were the others ???

Found an LP of his 2 weeks ago at a yard sale and snatched it up !

Bob,
Got to see the Commander and his band at Suwanee Spring Fest in March. Man those guys got old. Commander Cody came out hobbling with a cane. I called them the "No Retirement Plan Band" but they gave a non-stop 2 hour + high energy performance that had everyone on there feet, young and old. It was a great time.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Tue May 13, 2008 1:04 pm

They played in Pittsburgh a week or 2 ago. Didn't get to go see them tho, wish I'd have had the time. I have a couple of their albums here somewhere.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby traveler » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:07 pm

I call mine Ben Roy :thumbsup:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby looped » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:43 am

its not built yet but im leaning heavily to the name "Lil' fart"
"face it man. It's just not possible to fry an egg with a bicycle powered hairdryer!"
- Dave Lister
looped
The 300 Club

Postby dahoon » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:47 am

I can't believe no one has picked this name yet!

I told my she was in charge of decorating the TD. So she decided on a nautical theme to the trailer, beings we are in the Puget Sound region. So my mom found some lighthouse material for curtains and pillow cases and the dogs (read: trailers unofficial owner) bed. They even found a lighthouse bowl for the dogs dish. I am thinking of turning the tongue jack into a lighthouse.

That's how we came up with the name "Light-house".

Then on the way to the Masdens for the Fourth of July campout. Google got us lost in the big town of Carnation due to the parade. Some of the campers found us driving aimlessly lost in town after the parade and led us to Masdens. People commented and asked if we were the ones in the woody that was lost in town.
And, since it is a woody TD we now call the camp "Lost in the Woody".
dahoon
Teardrop Master

Postby mechmagcn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:03 am

My original thought was to call it "Reality Check" because we have a rather large RV in the driveway and it isn't realistic to keep going with the price of fuel now.
But when my wife was diagnosed with cancer, I thought I was going to go crazy. When working on the teardrop, I could go into another "zone" and let the worries go away. Therefore, our TD is hereby named "Mental Therapy" :D
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby dreadcptflint » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:37 am

My wife named the trailer 'Oliver' before we even got it. Why Oliver, you ask. Because we go Oliver with it....
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls