How much camping are you planning on doing this Summer?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

With the Price of Gas going up are you

Poll ended at Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:15 am

Camping about the same amount of days this summer
33%
Camping more days than you did last summer
67%
Camping less days than last summer
No votes

Total votes : 30

How much camping are you planning on doing this Summer?

Postby mandy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:15 am

With the prices of gas going up this year are you camping more or less this summer?
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Pdbeta » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:18 am

Lighter (weight)in the camper, perhaps not as far(long distances), but just as long(duration).
Pdbeta
Teardrop Master

Postby len19070 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:33 pm

Same here, just as many days but closer.

We have some nice parks close to us, and some I haven't been to in years. So it won't be stale.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby silkstone » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Other than to hopefully get out a bit in the new tear I'm building we've already planned out 33 nights in out new 5th we bought last year..... a couple more overall than last year...
If it has wheels I'm in....
silkstone
Teardrop Builder

Wow

Postby Oregonian » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:26 pm

I had planned to go camping and teardrop gathering this summer and then the gas prices went up. :x Tough on me, I am not going to give up my traveling this summer no matter if the gas gets to 6.00 per gallon. :D I have been looking forward to the mendicino and the IRG for two years and nothing but sickness is going to stop me and maybe not even that. :( But I think that I am going to give up going to Alaska next year. The only way that I would think about going up there is to buy a new electric vehicle, and then I wouldn't be able to pull the tear, and I have better things to do with the money that it would cost to buy it.
I t sounds like I am angry :fb , well not really, but I am to a certain extent.
We have many state and county parks here in central oregon :Flippin Burger: and I haven't been to all, so am going to have to find out where they are and go stay for a week. :pinktear: Cheers
Bruce Jefferson State Chapter
The love of teardrops brings people together

where have you gone if you haven't left
Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:47 am

In the last 4 years we were out only 3 times ( and we have a permanent site paid for for the last 2 with our 15' ritz set there.) This year we took Chubby to the shivaree in January and have space reserved for The May outing at Brown County and we also have reservations made for the Ribber fest in Madison Indiana. We fully intend to make this the year to goof off and enjoy life a bit more. For the last 15 years we have been involved in building mini barns, remodeling our home, and helping the kids work on theirs as well , and of course there were 145 hours last summer building Chubby so we are done working our butts off every weekend. Just gonna set back and watch the sun set and stare at the stars thru the moon roof of our new little teardrop trailer. We own a large debt of gratitude to each and every member of this forum for the ideas , the help thru example and explaination and the moral support to attempt such an endevor. A special thanks to a co-worker who uttered the word teardrop a year ago and I said WHAT ?. That's when I went looking and found all of you. Thanks Bob & Vickie.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:13 am

I'm planning more than last year, 3 gatherings and some in between weekend one nighters, even a little gathering at my mothers house in the back yard with my brothers and sisters and there campers 1 night :lol:
she'll love it she loved camping and it's been many years since she's gotten to sit around the fire.

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby dwgriff1 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:56 am

we will visit a lot more places within 100 miles of home. Tear meets are too far away, so we will skip them, but we will leave a day or two earlier and come a day or two later.
Ahh the joy of retirement.

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby mandy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:04 am

Wow I thought I was the only one who was crazy enough to want to go camping this summer. I was thinking of buying a year round camping pass for the state parks here in NM. So that I could camp out more this year.

Have Fun
Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Return to User Polls