Food prep & holding tables & the dishes

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Galley, food prep, dish washing, and support units

Everything is inside my Galley
10%
Food prep and support units are in the Galley we use paper
No votes
same as above but separate eating table (say more below)
10%
Stove and support units are away from main trailer
30%
Galley and eating area is inside does not open to outside
No votes
cooking area, all food prep are under at tent agenst Galley
20%
We eat out simple food prep is in the galley
No votes
Dutch oven, waffels area only separate unit
No votes
we use galley area or rear to carry tables, stoves all seprate
No votes
:roll: I have to cook.... Do dishes... no fun just relax
No votes
We pull it with a Westy that is our kitchen
No votes
see below I am non of the above
30%

Total votes : 10

Food prep & holding tables & the dishes

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:22 pm

We have come to that point where we will start camping before we install all the things that go into the Kitchen area of our trailer to figure better what we need and how to best design it.

We do not have a teardrop it is square in the rear and I have seen gallies in the rear of these too.

We are thinking more of haveing most of the prep and washing areas out side the camp area then in.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:33 pm

Well, none of those fit me exactly.

My Galley has a stove, a coffee-maker, a storage bin for utensils, and a shelf/rack for seasonings and such.

I have a table that hooks to one side of my TD for additional prep and cooking space. I also have a sink that hooks to the other side, although I usually don't bring it.

I keep all my pans and plates and stuff in a big plastic bin in the back of my station-wagon, and grab what I need as I need it.

My food goes in a big cooler, which is locked in the car at night to keep critters out of it.

For short camp-outs, I just rinse dishes off and put them in a trash bag. When I get home, I load them into the dishwasher. For a longer camp-out, I bring the sink and wash the dishes better.

Part of me would love to have it all in the galley, with a side table just for prep. But, my TD is too small for that.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:41 pm

Galley is 22" deep and the flip out cabinets take up that when in transit.
Dishes silverware and cooking utincles, charcoal and starter and a couple small post are about all the flip out cabinets will hold. The galley wall holds drygoods can and boxed goods and spices held in place by the flip up counter. The underside of the flip up counter stores two 18" x 28" tables without the legs sets ( They are in the tear in transit) Coolers are in the tow. popups benchs, cook tops, camp chairs and the smokey joe Jr grill , and the dutch oven table are all on the bed on a painters tarp. (The wood stove annd neich were in there in January ) see album. If you want to lay down when you get there you better plan on 20 minutes to unload 1st. :lol:

It helps that all 6 piece place settings fit in a soccer ball size container that becomes 2 serving bowlsImage
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Gaelen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 pm

my galley stores my stuff, but it all comes out to be used on a table that comes off the back end of the galley. The 2 x 4 folding table is my cook/prep area, and the cooler (which rides in the truck) fits under that table.

I also have a square galley, doors open like saloon doors, with a tarp/umbrella for my overhead protection. I close up the doors at night because the galley is open to the sleeping area--so theoretically I could prep on the galley shelf inside the camper in lousy weather.

Here's the stripped down (unpacked, not yet loaded) version from last summer:
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Gaelen ~~~ You got the exact same table as I have. They are handy as a pocket on a shirt. Can be set a multiple heights. I mounted electrical conduit to the underside of my counter and the tops snap onto it to transport and store.

Got a rather poor picture of themImage
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to User Polls