Running water in your galley?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Yes I'll be installing a sink and running water

I'll install running water only
33%
I'll install a sink without running water
11%
I'll install a blue poly aqua-container with water
34%
1 gallon jugs is plenty for me
22%

Total votes : 76

Postby Q » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:14 pm

Originally I installed a 15 gallon plastic tank, a faucet, electric pump, and small stainless steel sink. I found I needed counter space more than I needed the almost useless little sink. Later I removed the sink, faucet, and pump and installed a gravity tap outside on the lower back of the trailer. This works much better IMO. Just put a bucket under the tap to collect the water when washing, etc.. Kick the bucket under the trailer when not in use.

The 15 gallon tank has been great during extended boondocking.

Q
Q
Teardrop Master

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:20 pm

Dang,

you guys got me thinkin. I have a sink I got at HD on clearence and plan a sink but I have a huge empty space between the top and the bottom of my frailer about 3 inchs I might put a tank there on one side and a durty water one on the other side. put in hoses that I can unscrew when I remove the upper trailer from the lower.
(does that mean I have a convertable?? :roll: )

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nic » Wed May 30, 2007 10:20 pm

I was thinking about a gravity fed sink from a tank up high in my closet. Any thoughts on that? :thinking:
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu May 31, 2007 1:08 am

Nic wrote:I was thinking about a gravity fed sink from a tank up high in my closet. Any thoughts on that? :thinking:

How big of a tank? Water is heavy. You wouldn't want too much weight up high. IMO.

...didn't the original Ken-Skils (or maybe Modernistic) have a 4" thick, 7gal tan,k mounted hi in the back of the galley witha gravity fed faucet.....
madjack 8)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Arne » Thu May 31, 2007 7:45 am

may have replied before.. water only on the picnic table. none in the galley. don't want it, don't need it.... too little space.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Nic » Thu May 31, 2007 11:34 am

bledsoe3 wrote:
Nic wrote:I was thinking about a gravity fed sink from a tank up high in my closet. Any thoughts on that? :thinking:

How big of a tank? Water is heavy. You wouldn't want too much weight up high. IMO.

...didn't the original Ken-Skils (or maybe Modernistic) have a 4" thick, 7gal tan,k mounted hi in the back of the galley witha gravity fed faucet.....
madjack 8)

Im not sure. At first thought im thinking a thin flat tank that i can bolt to the top of the closet. 4'ish x 2'ish. Maybe 4-6" tall. Im not sure. And maybe a fill cap on the roof of the camer. I want a sink and running water but im not sure how to do it without taking up too much storage room. If i dont go gravity fed im going to use a manal pump with a tank in the floor.
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby madjack » Thu May 31, 2007 12:53 pm

bledsoe3 wrote:

madjack 8)

...sorry about that Jim :oops: seems I hit the edit button instead of the quote..............
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:21 am

madjack wrote:...sorry about that Jim :oops: seems I hit the edit button instead of the quote..............
Just don't let it happen again. :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Previous

Return to User Polls