What items do you find "useful" when camping ?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Postby Arne » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:49 pm

not much to add, but I find leaving the kitchen sink at home, and keeping it simple makes the camping experience much more enjoyable.

I try not to bring more than 2 days of most foods with me. Shopping along the way for an hour every couple of days is okay. I need ice anyway.

Bringing a week's worth of food, unless I'm headed way out, is a waste of space. I also tend to one pot meals, and even frozen tv dinners. Having a microwave makes meal prep a lot easier, and clean up easier as well.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:50 pm

Bob, the list is getting to be very complete. One thing I added (and used once while camping) is a "smoke alarm". I put it in the galley cabinet where my little automatic coffee maker resides.
The perk noise is a subtle alarm and the aroma of fresh coffee is great to wake up to.

It went off once when I was cooking on the galley counter. I don't remember what I was cookin but it scared me half to death. :shock:

I used to use a smoke alarm for a kitchen timer before I could cook right. :roll:

Now I'm glad to have the extra peace of mind in case the coffee maker decides to burn up at 5:00am.

I also have an extinguisher in the cabin. (just in case) [img]http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=8022][/img](:thumbsup:
This could compliment the extinguisher under the seat of the old "Mustang" some day. :applause:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Previous

Return to User Polls