It's time for you to be stimulated........

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

How do you feel about the Stimulus?

Heck yeah!! Show me the money baby! Smartest thing ever!
9%
Hell no, another doggone Albatross around our necks.
82%
Just about right........
9%

Total votes : 55

Postby caseydog » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Miriam C. wrote:
:surrender: :angel: :surrender: It sounds to me like our members are trying to talk too. ;) :thumbsup: :worship: Oh heck, we are the internet. 8) :lol: :D

I was referring to blogs and such. They originate the rumors, we just spread them. ;)

With so much disinformation -- both conservative and liberal -- out there, it more important now than ever before to seek out reality. Conservatives pretty much own talk-radio, but the internet is pretty full of every kind of ideologically tainted "information."

This democracy thing is hard work. :lol:

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dakotamouse » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:41 pm

This letter to the editor appeared today in the Bismarck Tribune, March 1, 2009. I thought it was pretty darn good.

Mary

Leaving Us On a Sinking Ship

By LEON NESJA

Mandan

The ship was floundering in heavy seas, with waves breaking over the bow. Seeing the ship take on all that water, the passengers were frightened, and looked to the charming and charismatic captain and his willing-and unquestioning crew for help.

The very charming and charismatic captain came out on the poop deck, mustered all his charm and charisma, and smoothly told the passengers to give the willing and unquestioning crew $800 billion and they would be saved.

The passengers swooned and quickly turned over their cash, their checking accounts, their saving accounts, their retirement accounts and their children’s college funds. Then they wrote IOUs to be collected from their children, grandchildren and great- grandchildren to the fifth generation. And so the passengers coughed up the $800 billion.

When this was done, the charming and charismatic captain directed the willing and unquestioning crew to take a big ax and chop holes in the bottom of the ship to let the water drain out. The willing and unquestioning crew leaped to action and chopped holes in the bottom of the ship.

Oops!

Then the willing and unquestioning crew, along with the charming and charismatic captain, grabbed the treasure chest and the barrels of pork from the hold, loaded it all in their private life boats and rowed away.

Where did you get it? We didn't get it, we built it!
Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:41 pm

caseydog wrote:
Miriam C. wrote:
:surrender: :angel: :surrender: It sounds to me like our members are trying to talk too. ;) :thumbsup: :worship: Oh heck, we are the internet. 8) :lol: :D

I was referring to blogs and such. They originate the rumors, we just spread them. ;)

With so much disinformation -- both conservative and liberal -- out there, it more important now than ever before to seek out reality. Conservatives pretty much own talk-radio, but the internet is pretty full of every kind of ideologically tainted "information."

This democracy thing is hard work. :lol:

Well I look at it like this, the check book has passed from Daddy Dearest to Mommy Dearest and the kids are arguing about how to spend the money and who is gonna get their share.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby caseydog » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:35 pm

dakotamouse wrote:This letter to the editor appeared today in the Bismarck Tribune, March 1, 2009. I thought it was pretty darn good.

Mary

Leaving Us On a Sinking Ship

By LEON NESJA

Mandan

The ship was floundering in heavy seas, with waves breaking over the bow. Seeing the ship take on all that water, the passengers were frightened, and looked to the charming and charismatic captain and his willing-and unquestioning crew for help.

The very charming and charismatic captain came out on the poop deck, mustered all his charm and charisma, and smoothly told the passengers to give the willing and unquestioning crew $800 billion and they would be saved.

The passengers swooned and quickly turned over their cash, their checking accounts, their saving accounts, their retirement accounts and their children’s college funds. Then they wrote IOUs to be collected from their children, grandchildren and great- grandchildren to the fifth generation. And so the passengers coughed up the $800 billion.

When this was done, the charming and charismatic captain directed the willing and unquestioning crew to take a big ax and chop holes in the bottom of the ship to let the water drain out. The willing and unquestioning crew leaped to action and chopped holes in the bottom of the ship.

Oops!

Then the willing and unquestioning crew, along with the charming and charismatic captain, grabbed the treasure chest and the barrels of pork from the hold, loaded it all in their private life boats and rowed away.

Yes, it is a pretty good fairy-tale. ;)

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:37 pm

:lol: :o :MLAS
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Dixie Flyer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:51 am

Well....out of all this....this is the bottom line.....

The government is creating massive debts that can never be repaid............ever.
I poked it with a stick..........
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:37 am

Dixie Flyer wrote:Well....out of all this....this is the bottom line.....

The government is creating massive debts that can never be repaid............ever.

Kinda like me trying to live on credit cards and unemployment but on a little bigger scale HUH?
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby caseydog » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 am

If you look at the chart I posted before, the government debt was being paid down in the nineties, so it CAN be done.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:06 am

:thinking: Unless we bring manufacturing back to the USA.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Elumia » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:13 am

CD, you are partially right about the 90's. The year on year budget defict was went down to where there was a surplus. However, the national debt continued to increase.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/repo ... histo4.htm

Mark
Elumia
500 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:36 am

caseydog wrote:

If you look at the chart I posted before, the government debt was being paid down in the nineties, so it CAN be done.

Hmmmm, and just who was paying this debt???? :roll: :roll:
I can see taxes on par with Europe and Britain in the near future..........I thought that was part of what they came over on those boats to get away from............
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Elumia » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:28 pm

you could always make a contribution:

How do you make a contribution to reduce the debt?
Make your check payable to the Bureau of the Public Debt, and in the memo section, notate that it is a Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
Bureau Of the Public Debt
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reso ... ebtFinance
Elumia
500 Club

Postby Arne » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 pm

yup, just keep throwing money at anything they want to... that will fix it all up....

The thing is, if they give us the money, we will spend it where we want to and those are the businesses that should thrive, not the ones the gov't tells us should.

oh, all the add-ons pork that o'bama was going to get rid of... it's still all in the new budget..... same old crap.... change... yah, right...

I want those bastards on soc. sec and our health care system... and we vote on their raises, not them... what a bunch of bull sh.t....

and now, if I get a mortgage, I pay 5%.... if some one was dumb enough to buy a house they could never afford, the will get a 2% mortgage.... rewarding stupidity and ignorance.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Elumia wrote:you could always make a contribution:

How do you make a contribution to reduce the debt?
Make your check payable to the Bureau of the Public Debt, and in the memo section, notate that it is a Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
Bureau Of the Public Debt
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reso ... ebtFinance

I contribute quite enough, thank you very much!!! I think I'll hang on to what little I got left! :roll:
Rich

ImageImage
-
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Arne wrote:yup, just keep throwing money at anything they want to... that will fix it all up....

The thing is, if they give us the money, we will spend it where we want to and those are the businesses that should thrive, not the ones the gov't tells us should.

oh, all the add-ons pork that o'bama was going to get rid of... it's still all in the new budget..... same old crap.... change... yah, right...

I want those bastards on soc. sec and our health care system... and we vote on their raises, not them... what a bunch of bull sh.t....

and now, if I get a mortgage, I pay 5%.... if some one was dumb enough to buy a house they could never afford, the will get a 2% mortgage.... rewarding stupidity and ignorance.

Ain't life grand!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Rich

ImageImage
-
- Thomas Jefferson -
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls