What type of gatherings would you like to see and attend?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

What type of gathering would you attend?

Gatherings > Large, Small, Central
9%
Gatherings > Large, Small
9%
Gatherings > Large
9%
Gatherings > Small, Central
No votes
It more depends on the cost of the event
No votes
It more depends on the distance we have to drive
48%
Gatherings > Small
9%
see below I just wanted to add.
17%

Total votes : 23

What type of gatherings would you like to see and attend?

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:27 pm

I have not heard if there will or will not be a ITG in 2011 but wondered what others thought about types of gatherings and what they would attend.

I Remember folks saying it was better to have regonal ones, joining several states to one. If you wanted to come to each of these in time would get to see the entire US and it's wonderful world of trailers.
Would you rather go to regionals and see the world? a little bit at a time.

If there were another ITG it would come the opposite year of the IRG (Dean said they were planning for an IRG 4 only time will tell and the economy as well).
There is a lot that goes into an International Gathering and keeping the cost down is the hardest part.

If the folks who put on ITG or IRG could not for some reason make it happen would others step in to make it so.

Smaller Gathering cost less to operate and travel for most is not as far, except for those who choose to drive from a longer distance.

Large = National <> Small = close to home Gatherings <> Central = several states attending one Gathering
If you do not live in the US or are over seas from USA Please add a line below and tell of ones you do that we all can attend by barrowing a trailer or sleeping in a tent or rented RV or SUV. You never know who might show up!! We prefer to drive there but if we can't we can always bring pictures.

When we attend a Gathering we usually round up the amount if we are sending the check to the Promoters of it so they have to spend less out of pocket.

I am sure there is something I left out but I tried to stay as nuetral as I could.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby tearhead » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 pm

I think I want to answer "all of the above." I like options! We're relatively new here but have attended several smaller gatherings, two in our state and one in another state (on our way home from a longer trip). We were warmly welcomed by the Hoosiers and I am pretty sure most of the smaller gatherings would welcome campers from other regions, as well.

We've never attended a really large gathering like IRG, but would love to. The variable of greatest interest to us for a longer trip to a larger gathering would be whether it was held in a place that was somehow attractive to go to (somewhere we'd like to visit) or on the way to such a place. We wouldn't take a long trip to a large gathering unless the location was somewhere we wanted to go. With the more local gatherings the attractiveness of the location is less relevant.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Ron, you are definitely a poll man. :lol:

I love gatherings, but I'm not retired and don't have a lot of extra time or cash. So, I have to do what I can.

I do most of the South Central gatherings, and really want to do a gathering in the redwoods. But, reality keeps peeing on my Wheaties. :(

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:33 am

One of the advantages of being married to a teacher is June July and August. One of the disadvantages of being married to a teacher who takes it very seriously that any events other than during the above three months had better be with in a hundred or so miles of home. We plan on ITG assuming it happens.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 am

Like Pat mentions...there needs to be something to see either on the way or at the gathering to get me to do a long haul anymore. I've invested 6K+ in miles to and from the ITG...won't do that again, not for Minden.

Out West, it's not uncommon to do a 500+ mi. RT for a weekend's camping to attend a gathering and for me, that's getting out of hand. Fuel costs and time spent behind the windshield are determining more of my camping locations, but then I've got 10 incredible USFS campgrounds less than 50 miles from home. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby emiller » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 am

It really doesn't matter I would like to attend them all if I had the money and time. I would rather be on the beach but mountains and deserts are fine at the right time. west coast because I live here but would like to do a cross country run sometime before I expire. 8)
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:15 am

Given time and money I would go everywhere....Oh and if Mike could travel. Right now we are restricted to a couple of hours :(
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby darnis » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:01 pm

I agree with Pat, "all of the above". Given the time & money, traveling is part of the excitement - love road trips. :thumbsup:
darnis
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:07 pm

doug hodder wrote:Like Pat mentions...there needs to be something to see either on the way or at the gathering to get me to do a long haul anymore. I've invested 6K+ in miles to and from the ITG...won't do that again, not for Minden.

My thoughts exactly . I'm afraid we won't be going to another Minden event. I can't see spending the time or money to camp there when there are much better places to go.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:59 pm

I like them "all". However, most gatherings are a long haul out of Ogden, Utah and each year I have to consider the time and money. So, I am trying to spread the excellent gatherings in California, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado and Nevada around a little bit and vary things a little each year.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Jim, it's about time you started planning a gathering in Utah! :thumbsup:

I just need to say, a big THANKS to the folks who plan and host the gatherings, no matter how big or how small. Some have better locations, but I always enjoy the people, and always appreciate the work it takes to put one of these things on!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby satch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 pm

If Megan Fox is hosting it, I'll go cross country 8)
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:Jim, it's about time you started planning a gathering in Utah! :thumbsup:

I just need to say, a big THANKS to the folks who plan and host the gatherings, no matter how big or how small. Some have better locations, but I always enjoy the people, and always appreciate the work it takes to put one of these things on!

I will second that!!!

Thanks to those who have responded so far .... I am learning alot.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to User Polls