Mattresses

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Re: Mattresses

Postby Richard A. » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:05 pm

I use a Coleman queen air mattress. My Little Guy Silver Shadow did not come with one (got it used .. no galley either) and I already had the mattress. It fits perfectly.

For those who say "Don't use an air mattress in the cold weather" ... Not a problem, because I don't use blankets. I use a double size sleeping bag so I have "insulation" on the top AND the bottom.
Richard A.
Boston, MA, USA
2008 Little Guy Silver Shadow
Richard A.
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dawnmichelle » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:44 pm

we were going to use a queen size air mattress before we went out and spent the money on a good mattress.out T D is 6X8
dawnmichelle
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Socal Tom » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 am

I got the 4" memory foam topper on sale a while back. Finally used it the weekend. It was perfect. No stiffness in my 49 yr old back in the morning and comfy to sleep on.
Tom
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby WhitneyK » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:57 am

Full size air mattress in my queen size li'l camper. Cheap, easily removable.
Whitney & Tracie
Crothersville, IN

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Do not confuse what you hear with what I mean.

My build: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41955

160061-------------------------------101114
States we've drug our
li'l camper through. (44 States + Vancouver Island and over 45,000 miles so far)
WhitneyK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gar4real » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Bought a custom 3 piece foam mattress with a canvas zippered cover from Knox Foam in Knoxville, TN ( they are no longer in business). Consists of 3 inches extra firm 3 inches medium firm and 2 inches high density memory foam. The two lower layers can be reversed to make the bed firmer or softer. The cover zips on 3 sides and the mattress is 46.5 in x 73 in so it fills the entire cabin. Can either roll/fold the entire mattress for removal and placement or can put cover in place and add a layer at a time. It is as comfortable as my Queen size beds in the house and have often used it like a blowup bed for extra guests that are staying in my home. Have had it for 6 years and no noticable deteriation. Was waranteed for 20 years but like I say the company I bought it from went out of business.
Gar4real
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to User Polls