When you build your trailer what order do you do it in?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

When you build your trailer what order do you do it in?

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:20 pm

I am building my second trailer much like I did my first because it worked. How ever other then the forum knowone was coming buy to say no do this. I did have Dave from the next town over Morro Bay offer to come and see it but my house was a mess at the time.

any way I have seen it done several ways and I wondered what was best for you?
My trailer was a old Boat trailer. I got for free. I have 2 floor boards build the trailer as a flat bed then added the trailer body on top of that.
I put down the floor
1. add the studs
2. attach the top stud
3. then attach the outside wall.
4. the inside front wall and roof
5. then run the inside wires
6. then put in the cross bars
7. The insolation
8. the inside walls
9. The top
10. the hatch (I did not have a galley in the Box Kite.) first there was not hatch just board closing it off everything went in and out the side doors.
11. Years later put in a storage cupboard facing the cabin.
12. the doors first ones were thin plywood one layer with a frame. there was only one window (Gun ports they were called by many) with a screen over the opening inside. A year later Steve ( who orgranized the San Luis Obispo gatherings) helped me make real doors for the trailer.

Mine was kinda like a Chinese wreck build as I could afford it.

Now I start on my new build the Cross Bow. Even though I know more Teardropers few live close So I am back to the Forum asking questions and wondering how you do it.

This is not just for me but for those who have never ever build one and would like to know the different ways so they can find their way too. :beer:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to User Polls