Galley been camping time to change the...

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Galley changes to

lighting
6%
Hatch
11%
hinge
No votes
cabinets
17%
type of galley
11%
adding a galley
6%
sink
6%
cooler set up
11%
drawers
6%
silverware organizer
6%
pass through to the cabin
No votes
electrical
6%
Thicker or stronger ledge
No votes
slide out changes
6%
other
11%

Total votes : 18

Galley been camping time to change the...

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue May 27, 2014 10:40 am

Most of you have been on the road for years and your galley might be just as you always wanted it but if you could change it or have changed it, or on you next build do it different what would that be!!

Or you might say what those who are about to build a galley might consider a bad move or a good one.

you can vote or them all
you can change your vote
Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Galley been camping time to change the...

Postby PKCSPT » Tue May 27, 2014 8:58 pm

I love how simple my tear is and the galley. I do wish I had an electric outlet so I wouldn't have to run the extension cord in the hatch but could just plug it in on the side. I also would like a very simple narrow cabinet to put in my plates plasticware and cups.

My Little Guy just has the shelf for the galley
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Re: Galley been camping time to change the...

Postby working on it » Tue May 27, 2014 10:21 pm

My galley (or lack thereof; view my gallery to see the latest configuration of "non-galley" features and storage) is due to
  • a) unconventional design = angular, no curves anywhere
  • b) desire to follow the "built using a 4x8 sheet of plywood" original TD/TTT concept see Wikipedia = limited space for storage
  • c) desire to fit in the wife's requirements = 2 doors, 2 windows, onboard A/C
  • d) desire to try a coupla my ideas = onboard A/C that runs with the hatch sealed, an onboard generator to go off-grid
All 4 points definitely made "conventional" galley an impossibility- no space. Since I think that one of the charms in camping is the outdoor cooking (I have not got back into that mode yet, after a 35+ year hiatus from camping), so I don't think I'll mind setting up a Coleman stove away from the trailer, or not having a built-in sink for prep or clean-up. At least on one or two day outings (an extended stay might make me want more conveniences). If I were to build it over again, it would be 2 feet longer, moving storage and generator into the nose, and making the A/C set-up a little less space consuming (no right-angle venting, but at a straight back/upward angle). Those changes would make a "galley", with cabinets, drawers, and cooking onboard feasible.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to User Polls