Family Size Teardrop - Build or Buy

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Family Size Teardrop - Build or Buy?

Build?
76%
Buy?
24%

Total votes : 84

Postby mikeschn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:53 pm

Elumia,

Would something like EZ's teardrop work for you?

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=7957

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby thobbs » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:58 pm

IndyTom wrote:For anyone who is interested, I am building a modified version of Andrew's 2+2H that is just under 7"wide, about 13'4" long and will have two separate 30" bunks with private storage areas in each. Headroom over the footwell should be close to 66". Everyone will be able to stand up in it except Dad. It width combined with Andew's 3 piece hatch will give TREMENDOUS counter space and huge storage in the galley. 2 or 3 times a year we camp in a big group with folks from our church. I love to cook and do it big for those gatherings. I am really looking forward to that galley for those times. I cant draw worth a darn, but I will try to explain my modifications if anyone is interested.

Tom

Wow. Keep me informed on that one. I'd love to see pics.
thobbs
Teardrop Master

Postby Elumia » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:46 pm

Ez's has no trailer Galley. 5' long upper bunks are already too small. my 11 year old son is 5' and his 9 year old sister is catching up fast!

Mark
Elumia
500 Club

Postby IndyTom » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:11 am

Thobbs, take a look at my album for pics of the frame. I hope to start the floor this afternoon.
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:43 am

Did anyone get any interior photos of the Six Pack teardrop by Marck?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby len19070 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:05 am

Mike
The last time I saw Marcks Six-Pack the interior in it was unfinished, of course he had just gotten the trailer on the road that morning. Marck's a pretty industrious fella. :hammer: I'm sure its done by now.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat May 13, 2006 2:33 pm

It does not matter if it is 4 yrs or 10 yrs in planing

you will never really know untill you try. Learning is what it is all about and bonding with all these really cool guys will guide you in the right direction.

Ron D. :applause: :applause:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Slide outs

Postby Nic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:38 am

I was talking to a friend about building a teardrop camper that would fit his 4 person family. I told him about the teardrop on the hall of fame with a slide out. Im thinking if you made one with one or even two slide outs fit with beds in each one you could keep the teardrop size and shape we all love. maybe you can just make supports that slide out fromthe base of the trailer frame. With a bit of thinking i dont think it would be so hard. A slide out can bring up so many more ways to lay the cabin out. More windows also. And you can still keep the rear kitchen. Hmmm.. even have some of the slide out support come from the wall between the kitchen and the cab. But then you guys know more about this stuff than i do. I just thought i would throw that thought out there. OH.. and yes i would build my own i think. Something about seeing what your own hands built.
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Re: Slide outs

Postby Gage » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:33 pm

Nic wrote:I was talking to a friend about building a teardrop camper that would fit his 4 person family. I told him about the teardrop on the hall of fame with a slide out. Im thinking if you made one with one or even two slide outs fit with beds in each one you could keep the teardrop size and shape we all love. maybe you can just make supports that slide out fromthe base of the trailer frame. With a bit of thinking i dont think it would be so hard. A slide out can bring up so many more ways to lay the cabin out. More windows also. And you can still keep the rear kitchen. Hmmm.. even have some of the slide out support come from the wall between the kitchen and the cab. But then you guys know more about this stuff than i do. I just thought i would throw that thought out there. OH.. and yes i would build my own i think. Something about seeing what your own hands built.

With two slide outs where would you put the door/doors?

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: Slide outs

Postby Nic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:07 pm

Gage wrote:
Nic wrote:I was talking to a friend about building a teardrop camper that would fit his 4 person family. I told him about the teardrop on the hall of fame with a slide out. Im thinking if you made one with one or even two slide outs fit with beds in each one you could keep the teardrop size and shape we all love. maybe you can just make supports that slide out fromthe base of the trailer frame. With a bit of thinking i dont think it would be so hard. A slide out can bring up so many more ways to lay the cabin out. More windows also. And you can still keep the rear kitchen. Hmmm.. even have some of the slide out support come from the wall between the kitchen and the cab. But then you guys know more about this stuff than i do. I just thought i would throw that thought out there. OH.. and yes i would build my own i think. Something about seeing what your own hands built.

With two slide outs where would you put the door/doors?

Have a good day.

:thinking:

I was thinking of two ideas for that. Because the slide outs would make much more room you can change that lay out a lot. So you can make one slide out not the same size as the other leaving room on the side wall for the door to maybe just extend a sleeping area not hold the whole sleeping space. You would have an L shape bed big enough for two adults and two small kids. Or you could always make the door in the slide out. It would open up right on a bed the way they all do. If you did that you could even open the door and get in the teardrop when the slide outs are not out and it would be the same space at that time as any other teardrop. Another cool thing about two slide outs the same size is that you could just open the entire cab up as oe huge bed. Who has never had their little kids sleep with them? OR.. you can just have one side slide out to open the bed up more to share the space with the kids. I hope all that made sence.
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Previous

Return to User Polls