What's Our Current Active membership?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

How many active members do we have?

If you are logged on, please click this button...
93%
And if you dont like that button, please click this one...
7%

Total votes : 125

Postby mikeschn » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:54 pm

It's time to get a bunch of new builders on the site. Anyone have any ideas?

I mentioned this many months ago... should we offer a cd on Ebay, not for the money, but for the exposure? What do you think?

And is anyone here good at compiling a CD that people on ebay would just fall over each other for?

Mike...

P.S. Since this message ended up on a new page, let me say, I didn't want to detract from the original thread. If you are online right now, please vote in this poll... we'd like to know how many members are active...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:00 pm

I usually log on in the am and just minimize the screen,,, slow times during the day I can pop back up and check any new post,,,

I am skeptical about some of the technical post,, I would hate to give information that might not be revelent due to inturpetation on my part as to what is being ask,, A lot of factors can effect a situation in a real bad way,,,

I tend to stick to matters of pickle juice influenced importance,,,,,

chipper :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby pkrfanatic » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:03 pm

I usually log-in 1-2x a day(would more if time permitted), and normally due to lack of time and knowledge of TD building dont contribute much. I have a tendancy to just look at information that pertains directly to me getting from the frame i have now to a finished trailer. Once i get things rolling(hopefully after holidays) i will make sure to atleast post some picks and build progress.
Mark
pkrfanatic
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Sonetpro » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:44 pm

mikeschn wrote:It's time to get a bunch of new builders on the site. Anyone have any ideas?

I mentioned this many months ago... should we offer a cd on Ebay, not for the money, but for the exposure? What do you think?

And is anyone here good at compiling a CD that people on ebay would just fall over each other for?

Mike...

I don't know if that would work. This guy here is pretty much wanting 3 buck's for a PDF and link's. Haven't bought it But I suspect the links would probally bring you here.
ebay linky

10 day auction 7 days old and no sales.

Maybe a simular auction at a very low price just to get the exposure. You would have to charge something or ebay would pull it for it being an advertisment. They are some pretty greedy folks and they would need a cut of something.
And hey I do voice my opinion. Maybe sometimes too much. :oops:

But as I read on here in somebody's signature "If you don't like my opinion, go get your own" I think that's what makes this a great site. My opinion's on some things has changed listening to others.
So any lurkers out there let's here your's and I'm sure you will get alot of others to ponder.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:03 pm

Hey Steve according to the ebay linky those are HIS plans. :lol: Wow he's been around for quite sometime. Maybe he's selling them to pay for his retirement. :thinking:
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:15 pm

Hardin Valley Magic wrote:Hey Steve according to the ebay linky those are HIS plans. :lol: Wow he's been around for quite sometime. Maybe he's selling them to pay for his retirement. :thinking:

:oops: Well the idea is maybe a auction like this at a nominal fee to please Ebay and link it here. Like I said That's my opoinion again. How'd you make that a linky?
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:19 pm

Sounds cool. Just for giggles it could be a penny auction.
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby Juneaudave » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:01 pm

About upping the active member list...seems to me you have a ton of registered users, most with email addresses. If you could extract those addresses and broadcast a short email message about what's new in techniques, the BBS, etc with a link...I'll bet a bunch of those would click on the link and become active again...Juneaudave
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Gage » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:16 am

Hardin Valley Magic wrote:Hey Steve according to the ebay linky those are HIS plans. :lol: Wow he's been around for quite sometime. Maybe he's selling them to pay for his retirement. :thinking:
He's not selling them for his retirement. He's selling them because all of his job field went over seas and he can't find work in or around the Phoenix area. He's also a member of this board. And that's all I'm going to say about Shrug. (Public knowlege).

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:33 am

It's 1:30 AM Pacific time and I'm the only one on the board. That's the first time I've seen that. ;)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

What's Our Current Active membership?

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:22 pm

Since I work at home I log in about 3 times a day during my breaks. :D I post only when compelled since my build is still on hold waiting for chassis mfr to correct his mistake. I'm picking it up Thursday finished or not, I ordered it 3+ months ago & I've had it with that clown. :crazy: :wacky
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:23 pm

Better late then not at all
Sorry no picture of me the trailer the wife nor the cat nor our white dove.
Just the Poll Master sitten on the Poll.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Outlaw » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:47 am

99 Votes and counting. I can't remember how I found this site. I know it was definately through a link of some sort. I'll be around for a while.
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Previous

Return to User Polls