What did you get?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Did you get anything for Christmas for your teardrop?

Yes
33%
No
33%
Not really for a teardrop, but I'll use it there.
28%
Don't have a teardrop
3%
I bought myself a present for my teardrop
5%

Total votes : 40

What did you get?

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:50 am

Did you get anything for Christmas for your teardrop? What was it?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chip » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:27 am

Well I got one of the slim under the counter CD/am/fm/weather all in one units, the plan might end up being an under the roof player but the plan is to mount it in the cabin under the cabnets,,,,, and just so I dont have to sit up and change stations or cut it on/off,, I GOT ANOTHER REMOTE!!!!

CHIPPER :thumbsup: HoHoHo

update update,,, got a battery powered door bell for the camper,,, a string of airstream camping lights for the easy up,, and a cooler that opens out into a table,,, now if I was finished building camper I would be about ready
Last edited by Chip on Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby cracker39 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:35 am

Althougy my vote was not for really a TD but I'll use it there, I did buy it myself for my wife to "give to me". She asked what I wanted and when I told her a "project calculator", she asked me to get it for her because she might get the wrong thing. (she gave me some other things too). Then she wrapped it and gave it back to me last night.
:lol:

I'll definitely use it when I build my TTT. It does calculations in feet and inches (with fractions). It also does conversions for areas and volumes to calcluates how much project materials like paint, wallpaper, concrete, wood for a deck, etc. you need to buy. I've always wanted one.
:thumbsup:
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chip » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:09 am

Deck,,,,,??????? CONCRETE,,,??????????????, Dale I sure hope Santa brought you a big ole TONKA tow truck to tow this teardrop,,, :hammer: :rofl: :drofl: :rofl2: :chicken: :laughter: $>

have a goodern,,, be sure to catch all them skeeters fer us,,

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby billnut » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:48 am

:lol: Campland Gift certificate :applause: :applause:
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:08 pm

A, C, & E!

A. Yes!

C. I gave my wife some cool wooden kitchen items that SHE said would go great in the teardrop ... (kinda what I thought when I bought 'em ... heh,heh,heh ... ;-} ;-} ...!)

E. I got us a "new" tow vehicle/company car last month. Much as I loved my 4X4 Ranger, the gas mileage was killing me (plus, it was all but worn out), so now we/Li'l Bear have a REALLY low-mileage '00 Saturn SL2 Wagon - 25 mpg 'round town & 34 mpg highway, and it'll tow 2,000#!

We be happy!

Hope YOUR Christmas was&is wonderful!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby asianflava » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:57 pm

Like I said in another post, I bought myself a cheapy laptop. I guess I can use it for the teardrop, keeping in contact with this board or watching DVDs inside.

We were able to save some money because we didn't go to FL this Christmas. Didn't have to buy a bunch of gifts, and didn't have to buy gas or plane tickets. Just got gifts for the kids, actually a gift card sent to the parents to have them buy gifts for us. Mom said that she'll help me buy that table saw that I asked for comments on. Now I'll have to find a place of honor for it. I really don't have the room but I really want it. I'll probably find room for it.

This has been a rough Christmas for us. The most unchristmas like Christmas I've had. No tree, presents (except what I bought for myself), lights, etc. A lot of time spent in the hospital visiting my mother-in-law and now trying to figure out how to handle her estate.

Even though it is just my wife and I here, I wanted to make a Christmas ham. We picked up the smallest one we could find, it is still over 8#. I made it last night and it was good. It is a nice day, we may go out and have a picnic. Most likely, we'll eat Ham and Cheese sandwiches.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gaston » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:24 pm

Ya got 60 yards of fiberglass and some purple sheets :thumbsup:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby SmokeyBob » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:03 pm

I woke up this morning and said, Great another day, I'm not dead yet. :angel:

My wife looked at me like I was crazy :crazy: , she has a cold.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby DestinDave » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:33 pm

Got a week off with pay... time to work on a teardrop??? :thinking:

Two gift certificates from Lowe's... lumber perhaps??? :thinking:

A package of acrylic lighthouse coasters... galley accessories??? :thinking:

A couple new CDs and a DVD... cabin accessories??? :thinking:

Yep... I'd say I got a few things for the Salty Tear... :thumbsup:

On the other hand I also got a new oil leak in my van and preliminary exams indicate it may be the front main seal or camshaft seals - either one an ugly situation... This may negate item number 1 above...

Anyone here an expert on Dodge Caravans ???
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Boodro » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:26 pm

HO HO HO , got a set of Cast irons! 1 DO ,1 large skillet , 1 small skillet , & 1 griddle!! I'm READY for cookin! As soon as I get them seasoned, I will have to pull off a bunch of recipes from cookin page. :twisted: Also got a metal detector to use on those campouts to find everything I loose when I drink too much beer! :beer: :beer:

Heikki , I hope your Carpenters Drafting kits arrives soon! :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MarksMG » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:50 pm

I got a Duch Oven, sleeping bag, Coleman coffee maker and best of all a gift certificate to Cabelas. Which gives me a good excuse to take a road trip there which is about an hour and a half away. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:
"Can we build it? Yes we can!" Bob The Builder
MarksMG
Teardrop Master

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:13 pm

TDN's Mom & Dad gave me a set of Native American basket weave design queen size flannel sheets... :thumbsup:

Postby Chris C » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:19 pm

Santa got us a Britta Drip water filtering jug and a rather sizeable gift certificate at Bass Pro. (Fran really wants me to use the gift certificate for me personally, but the jury is still out on that one!!!)
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby cracker39 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:11 am

Gift certificates are great...I should of thought about hinting for one. I don't know if we have a Cabelas nearby, but there is a Bass Pro Shop abot 45 minutes away in Orlando. It's a big one (162,000 sq ft) with different stores and EVERYTHING in the sporting goods area, including camping. When I retired this Spring, I was given a $50 certificate that I used there.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to User Polls