How much water per day do you use?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Re: How much water per day do you use?

Postby GerryS » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:20 am

Depends on tank and location.

You could put a glass tube on the spigot like the commercial coffee urns....or even a piece of plastic tube with a couple fittings, but you'd still have to punch holes and weld plastic....

http://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-Commerc ... B00C7D76S2
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cosmo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 am

Gerry this is perfect!
The tank is under the trailer in the kitchen location.
I have a spigot on the bottom of the fresh water tank and the grey water tank for draining water out of the tanks.

All I have to do is slip a piece of clear plastic tubing over the drain spigot and bend it up so its parallel with the tank vertically.
Open the spigot valve and it will show me the level of the tank in the clear tube! Will work on both tanks.
When I am done I remove the tube – no permanent modifications
I have to crawl under the trailer – but that’s not a problem for me.
If I am boondocking or dry camping and need to check the water level this will work perfectly!
No wires, no USB ports, no batteries, no service warranty, no moving parts, and will only cost me about 10 cents to implement.
Totally reliable and accurate.

Thanks for the idea!
Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Analog water tank level indicator

Postby Cosmo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:44 pm

The analog water meter works.

A little hard to see. But it works. Connect hose to spigot. open the valve and the water rises to the level In the tank.

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Socal Tom » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Jack Olsen wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:Total per person per day? ....A person is supposed to drink at least 8 glasses of water (64 oz) per day.

For what it's worth, this was discredited as an actual health thing many years ago. There is no benefit to forcing yourself to drink extra glasses of water. We get just about everything we need from normal food and drinking intake.

It depends on how dry and hot the temperature is. I carry at least one gallon per person per day of drinkable liquids, but I agree that doesn't mean you need to drink it all. I don't drink that much at home. My son and I can usually make do with 6 gallons of water over a typical camping weekend ( for non-drinking purposes). I generally use plastic plates and cups and wash them. I do carry some paper plates for just in case though.
Tom
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby felixx » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm

I did 2 nights last week on 6L
this involved cooking 2 lots of pasta, multiple cups of tea and 3 lots of dishes.
I ate bacon, wild pork, roast rabbit, so not much was needed.

For hydration I drank beer

Over all it worked well (I took 20L but the nature of the weekend meant not much water was needed)
felixx
Donating Member

Previous

Return to User Polls