If you plan on coming to '06 Redwood Gathering...

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

What are your thoughts about "other" things to do while in Humboldt County?

I'm going to stay put and stay at or real close to the gathering
4%
I'd be interested in going to the beach and see the ocean
13%
I'd be interested in seeing other redwood groves and forests
No votes
I'd be interested in seeing some of the small towns nearby
No votes
I'd be interested in seeing some of the above
58%
I'd be interested in seeing all of the above
25%

Total votes : 24

Postby Gage » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:23 pm

Nitetimes wrote: He said steam, I didn't see any mention of sawdust. 8) :lol: Steam doesn't really photograph well. 8)

Someone say steam?
But no teardrop in sight. :lol:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:19 am

Dean,

What kind of facilities do they have at the grove? i.e. bathrooms? firepits? picnic tables? electric hookups?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:24 am

From what I understand, they have lots of big trees and no hookups. :lol:

Have a good day.

8)
Dean will give you a good answer.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:24 am

asianflava wrote:Dean,

What kind of facilities do they have at the grove? i.e. bathrooms? firepits? picnic tables? electric hookups?

That was fast! :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:45 pm

Rocky,
There are four bathrooms with suspended pit toilets, two near the kitchen/dining area and two in the lower group area.
Coin opperated showers and lighted bathrooms with sinks and electrical outlets for shaving and/or hair dryers are available for our group to use at no cost, other than quarters for the showers, in the county's Swimmer's Delight campground right next door. (A few minute drive)
We do have someone working on a portable multiple shower station to setup right at Pamplin... I'll keep you posted on it's progress.
Bathing in the river is allowed if biodegradable products are used.
There are no electrical hookups. The kitchen is wired with lights and outlets, but we will need to provide a generator to power it. I'm looking at getting something like a Honda 3000, because we also want to provide lighting to run from the kitchen over to the stairs, which lead down to the lower group area.

One group that Kevin and I talked to, also places a small generator and light up at the gate, we are considering that as well.... A flashlight or vehichle headlights would be the other option to unlock and lock the gate at night.
There are picnic tables and fire rings in each of the large upper campgrounds and in the lower group area, there are two fire rings and picnic tables on either side of the bathrooms.
There is one large social fire pit by the kitchen/dining area.
Barbeques and approved stoves are permited as well.
There is a large group of tables/benches located at the dining area.
There are plenty of faucets, but the county does ask groups to conserve water use, because it is only pumped into the storage tank twice each day.
I posted a copy of the Conditions of Use on the website also, please read it over. (It lists all the rules that the county sets forth for us to abide by)
Here's a Link to it.
If anyone has concerns or questions about the facilities and useage at Pamplin Grove, please send me a message...

Postby Lazybones » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:49 am

I posted in the poll, but haven't sent my registration in yet. I guess I should get off my chair and do it.
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Previous

Return to User Polls