Little Guy RT Design

Member designs created in Sketchup or other cad program

Little Guy RT Design

Postby Kit76 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Has anyone drawn up a Little Guy RT design? Or Built one?
bd4e9f68585c38a6f71cc1644a8a2777.jpg
bd4e9f68585c38a6f71cc1644a8a2777.jpg (96.26 KiB) Viewed 4712 times
Don't Sweat the Petty Things, Don't Pet the Sweaty Things
Kit76
Silver Donating Member

Re: Little Guy RT Design

Postby irgod32 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:22 pm

This would be my guess, it's 48" X 96" side walls. You can use a compass to round the corners on the side walls or use 5gal bucket lid and trace the corners. Seems like a simple design. The front may be 18" instead of 14", you'll have to play with the height on the front and you'll have to consider the height of the mattress from inside. There is no galley so no worries there. The lighting should be easy both inside and out.
What I love about these small trailers is that you can tweak a design to make it your own. Draw it out on a Masonite 4' X 8' board and see what you like. You'll notice that on the front, I rounded off both front corners, so design away my friend!

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Kit76 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 am

That Does Help. I appreciate it!
Don't Sweat the Petty Things, Don't Pet the Sweaty Things
Kit76
Silver Donating Member

Postby greygoos » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:27 am

Use the search bar above and look for reverse tear. Here are some specs for Little Guy RT
Width (Cabin): 62"
Length (Cabin): 96"
Width (Fender to Fender): 82"
Length (Tongue to Bumper): 13'-0"
Weight: 940 lbs.
Tongue Weight: 120 lbs.
(2) Side Sliding 20" x 30" Windows
(1) 26" x 32" Rear Entry Door
Front End Storage Area: 60" x 12"
Aluminum Roof Rack
Rear Bumper
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby working on it » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:34 pm

irgod32 wrote:This would be my guess, it's 48" X 96" side walls... Seems like a simple design. ...What I love about these small trailers is that you can tweak a design to make it your own. Draw it out on a Masonite 4' X 8' board and see what you like....
  • The Little Guy RT is a good-looking variant of the "simple" design,m with rounded corners/edges for aerodynamic streamlining, in lieu of the normal teardrop shape. irgod32 constructed his "simple" variant with rounded front corners for some aero benefits, but the rear remains predominantly square, as does my TTT. I wanted to build mine using simple, straight cuts, as much as possible, sacrificing the streamlined teardrop shape entirely. THe Reverse Tear has kept rounded corners on top, but squared on the bottom, and with a large square/flat rear, so it's somewhat more aero than irgod32's trailer, and significantly more than mine.
  • simple-style,  offroad & semi-offroad TTT's.jpg
    simple-style, offroad & semi-offroad TTT's.jpg (189.62 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
  • simple-style,  reverse vs. conventional forward entry TTT's.jpg
    simple-style, reverse vs. conventional forward entry TTT's.jpg (200.08 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
  • But, the Reverse Tear departs from the conventional teardrop, or even the "simple" squareback TTT design, by having no rear galley/storage area (mine is storage only, with no room for cooking!), and puts a single entry door at the rear, instead of a hatch accessing the galley, on the side(s), like more conventional designs. It's a good way to get into the cabin, if one is not limber enough to enter/exit a side door (at 67, with bad knees and back, my TTT is getting sorta difficult for me to get in or out now), but then the trailer is unable to to serve as a cooking area, or have a large storage compartment onboard (there is small side compartment for storage, though...perhaps a slide-out "kitchen/countertop could be installed there?).
  • Since a lot of teardrop/TTT campers use canopies and/or attached side tents for sheltered cooking areas, or for clothes-changing/porta-potty rooms, the rear entry door could have a similar set-up, underneath one canopy? (I use one or two canopies, and one or two side tents, having two doors and a rear hatch, with extra side-tables and cooking stand, to cover... lot of things to put up or takedown at camp). As I see it, the Reverse Tear (or clone) should be a good design alternative to more conventional types of small camping trailers, provided that you are prepared to camp lightly, or have extra storage and cooking options available to you.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Sketch up designs