Tardis Camper - Letting Our Geek Flag Fly

Member designs created in Sketchup or other cad program

Re: Tardis Camper - Letting Our Geek Flag Fly

Postby Abaker50 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:34 pm

dales133 wrote:Here's an idea.... if you want it to look like the actual tardis why not make it as if the tardis is on its side like it's fallen over.
That way the tardis roof is more streamlined and you could make it more in proportion....just thinking

Wow - that's a great idea.

When I posted this, DH & I were in agreement that this is what we were going to do. We found some more information & are now rethinking it. :oops:

I'll let you know what we decide. I'm sure it will be at least as geeky, 'cause that's how we roll. :R

Thanks for the encouragement, though.

"Bowties are cool" 8)

-Andrea
Abaker50
Teardrop Builder

Postby Greg M » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:24 am

Well, there is already a trailer on here called "Tearscape One" so that's been used ;)
But it's true; bow ties are cool.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Abaker50 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:36 pm

:thumbsup:
Greg M wrote:Well, there is already a trailer on here called "Tearscape One" so that's been used ;)
But it's true; bow ties are cool.
Abaker50
Teardrop Builder

Postby Junkboy999 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:06 pm

One other thing to think about. It looks like you planned it for a family. You can always make more of a Foamie Standie, that has a big door. just model the Door like the call box with the graphics of the Tardiss. hehe Just thinking out loud to myself and anyone close to me.

GL

Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Abaker50 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:27 pm

:thumbsup:

Junkboy999 wrote:One other thing to think about. It looks like you planned it for a family. You can always make more of a Foamie Standie, that has a big door. just model the Door like the call box with the graphics of the Tardiss. hehe Just thinking out loud to myself and anyone close to me.

GL

Abaker50
Teardrop Builder

Postby CHMLEON » Mon May 11, 2015 9:56 am

Abaker50 wrote:OK - DH & I discussed many lovely classic trailer designs. We have agreed upon a pretty simple design that looks like Dr Who's Time machine. That's pretty much how things go around here. :roll:

Anyway, it will be a 6' x 10' Foamie, built on an aluminum chassis & we're working on ways to make it sturdy, waterproof and collapsible. Should be interesting.

Here's my attempt at Sketchup. The Tardis details will be paint & automotive decals, rather than structural.

The chassis shown here is a snowmobile trailer, which is one of our possibilities.

After the 1st, we'll get the tow hitch for the Jeep, buy our chassis and get started. Wish us luck - we'll need it.

Gettin' my geek on,
Andrea

:applause: I love it!
CHMLEON
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Sketch up designs