Design 2 - Komfort Kamper

Member designs created in Sketchup or other cad program

Design 2 - Komfort Kamper

Postby cadstuff » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Sorry for the long delay in posting these designs, I'll try to improve on that in the future. Here's design #2, the Komfort Kamper,

The Komfort Kamper was my second CAD build. It's a standard 4x8 trailer with a 2' foam, 4 x 8 x 3.5' high box. I think I was trying to minimize the height to lower the towing resistance. I did build this one with the curved front and back, thinking that curving the foam shouldn't be that difficult. I went with full 2" foam and used minimal wood framing, trying to be as pure a foamy as possible. Even used a 2" foam piece for the interior kitchen wall. I drew it up with actual 2" square trim, but if I were actually building it, I would probably go with 2" x 1-1/2" .

I also detailed the windows

and the tongue box a little better.

And this time, to be different, I went with a top-hinged door.

Again, like everything I'm currently doing, it's drawn up in Sketchup 2016, so you'll need that version to open the file (or newer). I have started putting some major dimensions on a "dims" layer just to keep track of general sizing.

This was more a conceptual exercise and was rapidly overcome by newer designs, so take it for what it's worth and have fun. I've got a few more designs to go, so expect the soon.

Later all,
Steve G.
Colorado Springs
cadstuff
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Design 2 - Komfort Kamper

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri May 11, 2018 9:40 am

nice idea on the boot box. What would keep the door up?
simple design fun looking . :thumbsup:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Sketch up designs