Behr Deckover for inside flooring?

Finishes, paints and coatings

Behr Deckover for inside flooring?

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 am

I've seen lots of complaints about this product when being used outside on actual decks, but it looks like it would put a nice finish inside, filling any holes or rough spots in a plywood floor. Has anyone tried this stuff?
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Re: Behr Deckover for inside flooring?

Postby greygoos » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 pm

I would do some serious research into using a product that is meant for an outside application on the inside of your camper.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Re: Behr Deckover for inside flooring?

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 am

I ended up going with a high traffic plasticised stain. this stuff looks a little like wax when dry, the main reason for this is my deck will be outside without the top for one more winter before I get my funds together and I don't want to ruin my investment. Tarped and tied, doesn't always save you from 3-8 ft of snow.
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Return to Skinning secrets