PVC trim to edge of plywood adhesive?

Finishes, paints and coatings

PVC trim to edge of plywood adhesive?

Postby daneyuleb » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:35 am

I have to replace some "cellular pvc" corner guard pieces to the plywood edge of my galley door--too thin for nailing. Any recommendations for the best waterproof adhesive to use for pvc to wood on a camper? I've seen some recommendations for simply using liquid nails when attaching pvc trim to wood, but not specifically for a camper. I'm a little worried the standard solutions may not hold the bond to the non-porous material when driving down the road at 60 mph...
daneyuleb
Teardrop Inspector

Re: PVC trim to edge of plywood adhesive?

Postby tony.latham » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

daneyuleb wrote:I have to replace some "cellular pvc" corner guard pieces to the plywood edge of my galley door--too thin for nailing. Any recommendations for the best waterproof adhesive to use for pvc to wood on a camper? I've seen some recommendations for simply using liquid nails when attaching pvc trim to wood, but not specifically for a camper. I'm a little worried the standard solutions may not hold the bond to the non-porous material when driving down the road at 60 mph...

https://epoxyworks.com/index.php/bonding-pvc-plastic-with-epoxy/

T :thumbsup:
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Re: PVC trim to edge of plywood adhesive?

Postby Andrew Herrick » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:52 pm

This sounds like a good use for a double-sided tape. Lot less messy. I'm sure 3M makes something. You can get double-stick EternaBond which should bond to PVC as well.

If you're looking for something local ... I have the sneaking suspicion that JB Weld might work, because that stuff does seem to work on just about everything! I haven't tried it, though.
A few of my builds:

ImageImageImageImage

SEE MORE AT: boondockcampers.com
Andrew Herrick
The 300 Club

Return to Skinning secrets