Blue Seal for Waterproofing

Finishes, paints and coatings

Blue Seal for Waterproofing

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Fri May 25, 2018 9:57 am

I was looking for something to do my roof with and came across this stuff -

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.wate ... 13877.html

Now, I went to the manufacturer's site and they say it is good for wood, steel, concrete, and even plastics. So now i'm wondering, maybe I should just paint the whole damn trailer with the stuff. it can be painted over as well once it dries. And it isn't much more than normal latex paint.

Anyone tried something like this product?
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Re: Blue Seal for Waterproofing

Postby QueticoBill » Fri May 25, 2018 10:58 am

My concern would be first UV resistance - foundation walks don't get much sunlight - and second appearance. Truck bed liner seems like a safer chouce gor a similar function. Search here for monstaliner.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Fri May 25, 2018 12:46 pm

It takes me months to build a teardrop. And a few thousand bucks.

I wouldn't want to experiment with one of my builds. Build #4 will be done with Monstaliner. I think it's been proven.

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Well the product would be painted over.. it is kind of a sickly part translucent blue on wood as far as I can tell.

The other option would be some sort of liquid rubber for RVs specifically but I haven't been able to find a supplier.
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Postby QueticoBill » Fri May 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Coverage is only 30 sq ft / gal. It would take a lot, but it takes a lot of truck bed liner I think you'd need to do some samples to see if you liked finish. My guess is its similar to truck bed liner but without the texture. Blue seal says it should be 60 mil thick, monstaliner just 40. Blue seal near 1/3 the cost.

Hope you do a trial and report.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 pm

I ended up just using paint, unfortunately. I'll be covering it up with trim. I'll probably regret it, but I suppose that just gives me a chance to build her again in a few years.
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Return to Skinning secrets