Towing with a Motorcycle

All about towing and tow vehicles

Re: Towing with a Motorcycle

Postby rebelrider.mike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:44 am

A custom trailer may be a good idea. All the bolt-together trailers I've seen have been compromises for me as far as size and shape. And none of them have options for brakes.
I'm still not sure whether I want brakes on mine or not. But having the option sure would be nice.
Mike
rebelrider.mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JaggedEdges » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:32 am

TearDrop32908 wrote:It will also have a torsion bar axle with electric brakes.

Torsion axle very good idea, a solid axe and leafs can kick funny hitting a bump just one side, and while you can just feel it on 4 wheels, on less it would probably throw you around much more.
Jack of all trades, Doctor of rocket surgery and fellow of the noble college of shadetree meddlers. "in argentum tenax vinculum speramus"
JaggedEdges
Teardrop Master

Postby Andrew Herrick » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:52 am

rebelrider.mike wrote:A custom trailer may be a good idea. All the bolt-together trailers I've seen have been compromises for me as far as size and shape. And none of them have options for brakes.
I'm still not sure whether I want brakes on mine or not. But having the option sure would be nice.

Too true. I've heard the only way to add brakes to an HF trailer is to weld on the flange or replace the axle and hubs entirely.
A few of my builds:

ImageImageImageImage

SEE MORE AT: boondockcampers.com
Andrew Herrick
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Towing and Tow Vehicles