Mike's Habanero Beef Jerky

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the TNTTT Cookbook number 3

Moderator: Mike B

Re: Mike's Habanero Beef Jerky

Postby Bill n Robi » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Just put a load in a couple hours ago. Friend likes it Mexican style so Tequila instead of bourdon, some red chili powder, done on mesquite, a little heavier on the onion powder... Birthday present.

Edit - white pepper not black, he likes that better for some reason. Lucky I use it in my Ms Dash clone spice...
Last edited by Bill n Robi on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby mcubberley » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Now I need jerky. Flank, flat iron, or any other good jerky cuts are irritating to find here. Krogers meat has been sketchy and Fresh Market doesn't like to carry the cheap stuff. I am yet to find a "Butcher" since I moved to the area. Back in Ohio every small town had a good small family run butcher. Not so much here and if anyone is selling family raised meat at a farmers market they mark the price up for the kids with beards, skinny jeans, and winter hats (in July). My favorite recipe is simply equal parts soy and worchestershire, .5 part teriyaki. and a good amount of lemon pepper. I used to use a cheeseball dehydrator but now have a Bradly Smoker that I love. I over cook mine until its super dry. I love the chew and have never liked the softer "tender" jerkies. My stuff lasts months :-)
Some day I will figure out something to put here. But for now....
mcubberley
Teardrop Master

Postby Bill n Robi » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:00 pm

You can look at oriental markets in your area. Korean BBQ uses the same meat sliced thin, there is a Mexican dish also but I can't remember the name offhand but they have it too.

Got to be creative at times. But I am with you, when 'beef' was 'bad' for you, get it dirt cheap. Now, I got bad words hipsters....
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #3